We are looking for hard-working, reliable and safety minded individuals to join our team as a Laborer. As a Laborer you will be responsible for the unloading, processing, and disassembly of various types of scrap metal; yard clean up and maintenance; and other general physical labor duties to ensure the highest quality of scrap material is processed and shipped to our customers in a safe, effective manner.
This position will work outside in varying weather conditions, and SA Recycling strictly adheres to all Metals Recycling Business Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
Working hours are from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday, and from 7:30 am to noon on Saturdays as needed.
SA Recycling offers:
- Competitive Pay
- Eligible for Safety and Profitability Bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care
- 401k with a Company Match
- Weekly Pay
- Referral Incentives
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Advancement Opportunities
Responsibilities of a Laborer
- Basic sorting of scrap, as well as metal and debris in preparation for processing.
- Provide a safe environment for all employees, customers, and visitors.
- Operate small equipment such as a forklift and skid steer. Potential to operate larger industrial equipment.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment reporting any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Prepare autos for processing, such as removing of designated parts, fluids, etc.
- General clean up and yard maintenance including but not limited to digging, sweeping, and maintenance of weeds and brush.
- Perform light facility maintenance such as scraping, painting, and moving furniture and equipment.
- Provide backup or assistance throughout the yard as needed or assigned.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, local, & SA Recycling safety, health, & environmental rules, regulations, policies, & procedures.
Qualifications of a Laborer
- High School diploma, GED Certification, or equivalent work experience.
- 1-year previous general labor in the scrap metal or construction industries preferred.
- Skid Loader/Skid Steer/Forklift experience preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to carry out instructions provided in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to learn new tasks as assigned required.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
An offer of employment by SA Recycling is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen, physical exam, and background check with a credit check (if position specified).
All US applicants must be 18 years of age or older.