We are looking for hard-working, reliable and safety minded individuals to join our team as a Tractor & Trailer Mechanic. As a Tractor & Trailer Mechanic you will be responsible for the repair, maintenance, and inspection of our fleet of tractors, trailers, containers. The mechanic performs basic to intermediate repair/troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repairs for hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, brake and suspension systems, and will perform basic bodywork repairs.
This position will work outside in varying weather conditions, and SA Recycling strictly adheres to all Metals Recycling Business Health, Safety, Environmental, and DOT standards.
You will have
- A long-term career with a secure industry (recycling).
- Competitive compensation that rewards performance.
- Comprehensive benefits including affordable medical options, dental and vision care, matching 401(k), company-paid Basic Life, wellness programs, and paid vacation.
- Potential to work overtime.
Responsibilities for a Tractor & Trailer Mechanic
- Conducts basic to moderately complex diagnostic, troubleshooting, and service and repair tasks for hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, fuel, brake and suspension systems.
- Completes routine maintenance tasks (oil and filter changes, lubrication, brake, etc.) on all tractors per the manufacturer and SA Recycling recommendations.
- Preforms diagnostic, troubleshooting, service and repair, and structural repairs on trailer chassis, sub-frames, and containers.
- Patches holes in trailers and/or containers side panels, floors, or roofs as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of all work performed.
- Performs annual inspections and sign-offs.
- Communicates and works well with others in a safe and professional manner.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and orderly working area.
- Performs all tasks fully within SA Recycling’s Safety and Environmental practices and procedures.
Qualifications for a Tractor & Trailer Mechanic:
- Vocational/Technical degree highly desired.
- Hydraulic, electrical, and diesel maintenance experience highly desired.
- Willingness to work in varying weather conditions.
- Valid and clean Class A CDL, or willingness to obtain within a reasonable amount of time after hire.
- Must be willing to complete, and successfully pass a drug screen, physical and background check.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) a plus
We are looking for candidates who are friendly, flexible, hardworking, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. If this Industrial Mechanic description sounds like you, apply today!