Schneider Electric has opportunities for a Senior Electro-Mechanical designer to join an R&D team developing high performance process automation systems and products in the Hardware Center of Excellence.
The Engineer will be responsible for developing innovative and reliable mechanical and electro-mechanical designs, to satisfy a Functional Specification.
The Engineer will take full responsibility for their designs but may have to design more complex solutions in conjunction with other Engineers.
Liaison with other team members (Software & Hardware Engineers) and departments (e.g. Marketing, Purchasing, Global Supply Chain, Test and Manufacturing) is an essential part of this role.
Responsibilities include \:
·Design and oversee the production of electro-mechanical equipment
·Design and test mechanical and electro-mechanical assemblies
·Analyse thermal characteristics and generate space models for concepts
·Ensure defects are handled appropriately
·Integrate components into the final design
·Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary
·Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors
·Control the efficiency of processes
·Analyse information and recommend appropriate mechanical solutions to users
·Selecting components, suppliers and managing Bills of Materials
·Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities
·Interact with Manufacturing for production related process
·Generating appropriate labelling for products
·Produce documentation in line with Schneider Electric procedures.
·To keep abreast of technical advances and share their knowledge.
The role will involve working closely with other internal groups, outsource and technology suppliers.
- Good understanding of materials, tolerancing and servicing/maintenance needs.
- Familiarity with plastic parts and housing designs
- Designing for Industrial Environmental conditions Thermal, Vibration etc.
- More than 5 years experience producing Electro-Mechanical designs
- Mechanical assembly, electronic packaging, building prototypes, DFM
- Injection molded plastic part esign, sheet metal fabricaton, die casting, metal finishes, additive manufacturing
- Documenting their designs to enable others to understand and test them
- Designing and testing for thermal, vibration and EMC
- Simulation, preferably CFD and thermal design for electronic systems
- Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Access and Excel
- Good familiarity primarily with Creo and secondary Solidworks / AutoCAD
- Experience with a PDM/PLM software, Windchill is a plus
- Designing robust mechanics/electro-mechanics for industrial applications
- Working to formal quality assurance procedures
The applicant should be able to demonstrate\:
- Team-working and ability to work with multiple disciplines and across departments
- They are a rounded Engineer
- Time scale estimates and delivery
- Problem solving
- Ability to learn
- Good Communication skills
- Customer focus
- A drive for improving product quality
- Creative and innovative thinking
Applicants should be able to understand technical documents and be able to research information to plan, develop and implement a comprehensive testing strategy.