The ICCT is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that supports the effective design and implementation of policies to address the impacts of the global transportation sector on climate change and public health. Our organization achieves this by providing high quality and timely data-driven research to public officials at all levels of government - city, state, national, regional and international - as well as to civil society and the media. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our growing team of talented researchers with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, CA, Berlin, Germany, Beijing, China, New Delhi India, and São Paulo, Brazil.
The ICCT has an immediate opening for a highly committed, self-motivated person to join us as a full-time Senior Operations Manager of the Beijing office. The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage daily operations, human resources, and NGO compliance of the Beijing office. Other important roles include assisting the China regional director in building and maintaining relationships with major Chinese partners. The position reports to our Chief Operating Officer and supports the China Regional Director, both based in the US.
The ICCT has established an excellent reputation in China, with over 10 years of project experience supporting national and local regulators. In 2018, the ICCT registered a representative office in Beijing, China, supervised by the Chinese Ministry of Ecology and Environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.theicct.org, and our China program page: www.theicct.org/china.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Beijing office under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer and with support from the Administrative Coordinator.
- Oversee event planning and execution for the Beijing office.
- Manage office leases and office upgrades as needed.
- Manage and coordinate with our third-party human resources agency, which handles payroll and other payments, recruitment, onboarding and off-boarding of employees, and other related tasks. Lead our internal human resources tasks including salary surveys.
- Maintain a positive work environment and culture, and foster connectivity and comradery among staff
- Supervise and support our Beijing office Administrative Coordinator
- Collaborate with the Chief Operating Officer and office management in our international offices to develop and implement organizational operations policies and adapt them to the local context
- Serve as a Representative of our legal entity in Beijing, and manage the Beijing office's NGO compliance, including the preparation and submission of annual NGO work plans and work reports to our NGO supervisory agencies, as well as representation at all NGO compliance meetings.
- Assist the China Regional Director with China strategic development and funder communication.
- Assist the China Regional Director in developing, expanding, and maintaining relationships with significant Chinese partners, including NGO partners, and outreach pertaining to the Beijing office's growth and operation.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated management, HR, and NGO management experience. Immediate international NGO management experience is highly desired.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese, excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution abilities.
- Extensive experience and good relations with government agencies, research institutions, and NGOs.
- Strong ability in Microsoft Office and HR management software and tools.
- Relevant background or experience in transportation, energy, and environmental issues is preferred.
This full-time position will be based in ICCT's Beijing office with a salary range of ¥500,000- ¥830,000 depending on skills and experience. We offer an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, paid vacation, hybrid/remote flexibilities, transportation subsidies, and other benefits.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter in both English and Chinese.Applications will be viewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.