WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fifth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 170,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
PEG, LLC is in need of an experienced Plumbing Designer to support the Department of Design Manager and the Design Department by utilizing their skills and knowledge to design plumbing systems for residential, multi-family, and light commercial projects.
This position is based in our main office in Fairfax, VA with the option of a hybrid remote/office work schedule or, if pre-approved by management, the option of a full-time remote work schedule after the completion of the employee's 90 Day Performance Review.
- Perform plumbing calculations for residential, multi-family, and small commercial projects using International Plumbing Codes.
- Design and prepare plumbing drawings for systems including sanitary waste, vent, storm, and domestic water distribution.
- Design and prepare plumbing drawings for gas distribution systems using calculations and sizing requirements as per IPC and IFGC.
- Select schedules, sizing, and components of plumbing fixtures, drains, and equipment.
- Prepare plumbing construction drawings using AutoCAD MEP and REVIT
- Analyze plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
- Communicate any auditing areas to Management and provide options for resolution.
- Manage project flow and deadlines efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Receive and understand client constraints.
- Manage and control all data through Excel and SharePoint
- Understand current IECC, IMC, IPC, IBC, IRC, IFGC, and state codes.
- Learn new engineering skills and take continued education seminars as needed or required.
- Organize scope into major categories to outline deliverables and milestones.
- Determine primary timetable for deliverables.
- Interface with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Candidate must have an EIT (Fundamentals of Engineering Exam) or be willing to take the EIT Exam within 3 months of hire.
- 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience in commercial projects including
- 4-story Townhomes
- Apartment Buildings
- Condo Buildings
- 1-story commercial projects including but not limited to office (tenant) fit outs, garages, restaurants, and lounges.
- Thorough understanding of AutoCAD MEP and REVIT
- Advanced Proficiency in Engineering Software such as AutoCAD MEP and REVIT
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Excellent communication skills, organizational and work coordination skills, and interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position
- Must exhibit professional behaviors and maintain high ethical standards.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including assistance with the U.S. Permanent Residency (green card) Process.
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • 20 Annual Paid Days Off (12 Days of PTO, Birthday PTO, & 7 Company Paid Holidays) • Company Sponsored Medical Insurance that includes a contribution of up to 50% off the monthly premium • Dental & Vision Insurance • 401(k) Retirement Plan with up to a 4% company match vested immediately • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Accident & Pet Insurance • Corporate Sponsored Events • Paid Professional Development & Salary Incentives through Learning/Certification Opportunities •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.