Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike’s Responsible Supply Chain (RSC) organization constantly challenges the assumptions about how products and materials are sourced and manufactured and how finished product is transported from factory to consumer. On the RSC team, we drive end-to-end progress toward 2025 targets, build a stronger offense toward 2030 Purpose goals and support Nike’s long-term growth while accelerating our shift to a responsible, resilient and transparent digital-first supply chain at scale. We are respecting the environment and using cutting-edge technologies to create better, more personalized products for our customers. We partner with sustainability teams across the enterprise to deliver on our vision for a fair, sustainable future—one where everyone thrives with a healthy planet and level playing field.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about sustainability and who will leave a lasting impact on our Responsible Supply Chain (RSC) team. The Nike RSC team works closely to build product through a vast network of suppliers and manufacturers, while fulfilling shipments with a complex distribution system capable of adapting to constant change.
WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE:
In the role of a Nike Sustainable Operations Graduate Intern, you will embed sustainability into manufacturing and operations initiatives, providing analytical expertise and project support. As a Sustainable Operations Intern, you will have an opportunity to work on the following types of projects:
- Identify circular solutions for leather and synthetic leather research and recommend a path forward for Nike's recycling targets.
- Identifying opportunities to divert Finished Product Waste from energy recovery to higher value circular options.
- Recommend a framework to consistently track the sustainability performance of suppliers across our product supply chain and marketplace supply chain
This is a paid internship opportunity with relocation assistance. Curious to know what it’s like to be part of a world-class Internship Program? Check out our recap video from last summer: Nike Internship Program Recap Video
This internship – as well as full-time positions – are located in-person at the NIKE, Inc. World Headquarters in Beaverton, OR. Check out this video of our World Headquarters to learn more about life on campus: Nike WHQ Campus Video
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Enrolled in a Business (MBA) and/or Environmental Science graduate program with an expected graduation date of December 2024 or Spring/Summer 2025
- Background in Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, Analytics, Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement, Textiles, or Retail preferred
- At least 2 years of work experience (strongly preferred)
- Resume submission (PDF) and Cover Letter required for consideration
- General sustainability skills/knowledge strongly preferred, including experience in corporate responsibility and sustainability
- Ability to work cross-functionally, influence other teams, and leverage internal and external resources
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a bias for action
- Ability to decipher themes, make decisions, and tell stories from large datasets
- Experience presenting to diverse audiences, including senior leadership
- Have a growth mindset, be inquisitive and have a process oriented mindset
- Clearly demonstrated passion for sustainability
- Passionate about Nike brand, products and consumers
Curious to know what it’s like to be part of a world-class Internship Program? Check out our recap video from last summer: Nike Internship Program Recap Video
This internship – as well as full-time positions – are located in-person at the NIKE, Inc. World Headquarters in Beaverton, OR. Check out this video of our World Headquarters to learn more about life on campus:
Nike WHQ Campus Video
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.