Foxconn Wisconsin is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist that will work as part of a team to provide support of the development and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety management processes and conduct safety trainings for new and current employees. Once a part of the team you will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the Environmental Health and Safety Department in a production and office environment and have the opportunity to display critical thinking skills to expand your career in Smart Manufacturing.
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist will maintain the EHS programs and activities, ensure all safety issues are identified and brought to the attention of the EHS Manager, and assist this Safety Department as needed.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Providing support of the development and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety management processes and activities necessary to ensure compliance with Company, Federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety requirements
- Evaluate and follow through with processes on a timely basis to ensure implementation and effectiveness over time, creating a culture of safety within the Company
- Upkeep company's safety efforts with outside regulatory agencies; ensures conformity to regulations as well as internal safety practices
- Maintain the EHS programs and activities, i.e., safety training programs, inspections, Fire Prevention/Protection, Ergonomic programs, policies, and procedures
- Support internal compliance assurance activity to be certain of facility adherence to EHS legal requirements, through programs, record keeping, audits and identifying and overseeing needed corrective action steps
- Ensure all safety issues are identified and brought to the attention of the EHS Manager
- Promote a positive safety culture and comply with corporate safety standards in order to maintain a safe working environment
- Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment, and processes in working areas to ensure compliance
- Collaborate with EHS Manager as well as Operations Management to implement steps to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques
- Support the implementation of all EHS programs, compliance strategies and sustainable management systems
- Conduct and provide leadership during emergency response incidents and drills (i.e., fire drills, severe weather, shelter in place drills, Emergency Response Team activities, ect.)
- Other Duties as assigned
Education Requirements and Ideal Experience Includes:
- Associates Degree or higher is strongly preferred.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- 3 years’ experience in a safety/training environment, or in a role that demonstrates the skills strongly preferred (Responsible Business Alliance, ISA 14001, ISO 45001)
- Must be able to perform in an audit environment.
- Must be able to assess, write, and edit internal standard operating procedure.
Reasons you should work at Foxconn Wisconsin & FII USA, Inc:
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
- Basic life insurance and short-term disability coverage provided by employer.
- Supplemental life insurance and long-term disability coverage options available.
- 401K with employer contribution.
- Personal, Vacation, and Holiday paid time off for all full-time employees.
- On-site clinic available for all employees.
- Employees are continuously encouraged to learn and grow their careers in smart manufacturing.
About Foxconn Wisconsin & Fii USA, Inc:
Foxconn provides innovative design and Smart Manufacturing capabilities through Artificial Intelligence driven solutions. Dedicated to the expansion of AI-driven platforms, Fii USA, Inc centers around Cloud Based Computing, Big Data, High-Speed Networks, Automation, and Industry 4.0 methodology. Join an expansive network of professionals who embody an entrepreneurial spirit that works together within a company culture of shared mission!