As our new Chief Consultant, you will be part of our global Technical Due Diligence competence group within our Offshore Wind Advisory team. You will take on a key role as subject matter expert shaping and enhancing our service deliverables. Our assignments are of a diverse nature with both well-known and new market players, joint ventures, and investment funds, and cover a broad scope of services as well as potential combination with other technologies, such as Power-to-X, where we would make use of the wider Ramboll expertise.
If you are motivated to work in an international environment at one of the leading renewable energy consulting firms, crave a challenging role but also flexibility and work life balance, this role may be ideal for you. The position will be based in Hamburg, but our hybrid work model allows you to split your time between working in the office and working from home.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an inclusive, collaborative, and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, clients, and people around the world.
World leader in wind energy
Ramboll is a world leader in offshore wind with a unique value proposition. We have been involved in more than 70% of all operating offshore wind farms globally. With our international, multidisciplinary and wind energy specific competencies, we are a true full-range service provider for offshore wind energy projects in all its phases. Ramboll supports clients globally to identify, evaluate and quantify both risks and opportunities, allowing them to make well educated, strategic decisions based on practical offshore wind project development, financing, and execution experience, combined with world-class engineering know-how.
We are among the very few consultancies in the world, providing engineering services for bottom-fixed as well as floating wind foundations. Since 2007 we have been involved in floating offshore wind and today have a dedicated team of experts supporting clients globally.
Within Ramboll, over 500 highly qualified experts are working on onshore and offshore wind projects globally, operating primarily from our 15 key offices across the Nordics, Germany, UK, Poland, Spain, Japan, Korea, and the US.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As part of a multidisciplinary project team, you will take on diverse tasks and responsibilities in international projects of varied complexity and scale, such as:
- Management of due diligence projects for onshore wind turbines of different development stages
- Project management or contribution as a specialist in due diligence projects
- Development and preparation of concise, insightful, and meaningful results within the scope of project work
- Analysis of quality of wind farm projects and identification of project risks
- Establish and improve due diligence processes (such as interface to risk assessment competences) and train a rapidly growing team
- Negotiation of project contracts on behalf of our clients
- Lead new internal initiatives to leverage due diligence experience into other areas
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; a master’s degree or other advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in consulting or project management
- Profound industry knowledge and a thorough understanding of planning, project development and implementation, project economics (CAPEX and OPEX), interface management, risks, and commercial aspects of offshore wind farm projects
- Contacts to an established network for due diligence, ideally on seller, buyer, and lender sides
- Track record of managing successful due diligences for major clients, ideally from multiple perspectives
- Expertise in one or more of typical subject matter areas for technical due diligence for offshore wind projects, such as wind turbine technology, floating wind, supply chain, electrical, cables, substations, foundations, transport, and installation
- Ability to develop, implement and improve business processes
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills with a structured approach to solving problems
- Open minded, team-oriented, self-driven, proactive, and assertive
- High motivation to work in a growing multi-national team and in different environments
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and make independent decisions that promote / advance company goals and objectives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English; additional languages are beneficial
- Strong writing and communication skills with an eye for analytical and persuasive presentations
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green energy transition and offers a holistic approach that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,600 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design, and implement energy solutions all over the world.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. Ramboll is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and we welcome applications from under-represented groups in STEM, such as women, LGBTQ+ and BAME communities, and people with a disability. We look forward to receiving your application.