We’re Building the Future!â¯Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
Powin is looking for a Systems Engineer, Energy Storage with expertise in training, mentoring, design, and analysis to serve as a subject matter expert in Powin’s scalable and long-term approach to customer success and experience. The role will act as a resource for various Powin departments and customers on all topics related to the Powin battery energy storage system and will support development and implementation of unique solutions. The Systems Engineering team defines system requirements and provides day-to-day support to elevate and streamline the sales engineering, project engineering. and Project Success teams. This role works to ensure projects fulfill customer functionality and contract requirements, while providing system solutions and supporting the customer experience through the entire customer lifecycle.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop battery energy storage designs that have optimized battery sizing and configurations to maximize system efficiency and reliability
- Conduct performance analysis and modeling of the energy storage system to assess accuracy of the Powin sizing tools and system performance models
- Support the improvement and maintenance of various Powin tools used for sizing battery energy storage systems
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting and resolving operational issues
- Work closely with product management and engineering teams to identify any gaps in the existing, proposed energy storage solutions. Review and approve documents to ensure designs are compliant with applicable codes and standards
- Prepare technical documentation, white papers, and training for internal and external customers
- Train and research to enhance existing offerings and fill-in gaps in knowledge, expertise, and skills
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in supporting development and design of energy storage systems
- Demonstrated experience applying relevant industry standards and regulations governing for battery energy storage systems
- Experience coordinating with other engineering disciplines to create a comprehensive battery energy storage system design
- Experience conducting performance analysis and modeling using simulation software
- Experience with Python and AWS is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing
- Limited travel requirements
Powin is not accepting resumes from unsolicited headhunters or agencies at this time.
EEO STATEMENT:â¯The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices and laws.â¯ The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants without unlawful regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, religion or creed, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, protected veteran status, disability (mental or physical), or any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local law.â¯
E-Verify:â¯Powin participates in E-Verify and candidates will need to pass successfully upon completion of hire date.