RWE Renewables Europe & Australia GmbH, Essen, Hamburg
To start as soon as possible, full time, permanent
Functional area: Engineering
As a Senior Solar Project Engineer you will support the development, planning, installation and commissioning of solar and storage power plants in Germany and Central Europe.
- Preparation of site plans and single line plans for solar and storage power plants to support project development and construction.
- Carrying out energy assessments for solar and storage power plants to support project development and construction
- Supporting the regulatory and licensing process for industrial-scale solar and storage power plants
- Supporting the tendering process for construction projects by writing technical terms of reference and evaluating bids with quantifiable measures
- Coordinate technical requirements and deliverables with SCADA, transmission, civil and storage engineering teams throughout the design, procurement and construction process
- Managing external engineering consultants throughout the design and construction process
- Conducting site visits during development and construction to guide the design process
- Researching the latest trends in photovoltaic and storage technologies
- Continuously collaborate with development, construction and procurement to reduce the LCOE of the entire project portfolio
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering or related fields
- Sound, proven experience with renewable energy projects, including at least 5 years of experience in power generation assessment and plant design, as well as experience in plant operations
- Proven expertise in at least one area of solar energy
- Experience in project management or team leadership
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, PVsyst and Excel
- Advanced knowledge in handling meteorological satellite data sets
- Intermediate knowledge of geographic information systems
- Fluent in English and German, other languages are an advantage
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 82997, application deadline 31/10/2023.
Any questions? Please reach out to Ivan Malcolm D'Silva at email@example.com
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. #inclusionmatters
We look forward to receiving your application!
As one of the world’s leading companies in the renewable energy space in Europe and Australia, RWE Renewables Europe & Australia is proud to be paving the way for a greener future. We’ve got over 1,400 employees, all developing and promoting renewable energies across 12 countries. They specialise in the construction of onshore wind turbines, solar plants, and battery storage systems. And they all share the desire to redefine how millions access energy.
We’re well set to hit our 50 GW by 2030 target, and go climate neutral by 2040. That’s thanks to our community of experts currently building Europe and Australia’s largest onshore wind farms – as well as a pipeline of exciting projects across solar and PV. And the focus isn’t just on harnessing clean energy – but also the new technologies that can push our GW ever higher.
Now, we’re looking for more people with the skills and ambition to drive the energy transition. Join RWE Renewables Europe & Australia.
Your energy has impact, use it for good.
If you would like to stay informed about our latest activities, then feel free to visit our Website or follow us on LinkedIn.