Who we are and what we do?WRI India, an independent charity legally registered as the India Resources Trust, provides objective information and practical proposals to foster environmentally sound and socially equitable development. WRI India’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization. Currently over 250 researchers are working with WRI India in our offices at Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru.Program Overview for EnergyThe objective of the WRI India energy program is to inform and guide India’s transition to cleaner energy. The program focuses on three inter-related aspects of this energy transition: enhancing energy access, scaling renewables among specific consumer categories, and achieving higher levels of energy and buildings efficiency. Our energy access work is specifically aimed at ensuring access to affordable and clean energy so as to improve socio-economic development in rural and remote regions of India. Through strong research, ground-level implementation experience, partnerships with key stakeholders and communicating our work, we seek to achieve impact at scale.
Study and document the impact investment framework being deployed by CSR and philanthropies currently for rural development and highlight best practices for progressing on SDGs.
With the final aim to engage with a few entities that can work with WRI India on achieving SDG 7 for supporting rural development.
Scope of Work
Salary & Benefits: Will be renumerated as per the work.
- Describe the current landscape of CSR and Philanthropic funding in rural development and clean energy space in India - size of funding, main players, focus areas within sectors, focus geographies, documented challenges and opportunities etc. - in slide presentation to the WRI India research team
- Prepare list of specific CSR and philanthropies that provide grants and investments to SDG 7 and specifically for energy across rural development sectors in India.
- Develop interview guide to enquire how these entities measure impact of grants and investments in the clean energy space and to collate best practices in impact measurement.
- Organize research interviews with representatives of CSR and philanthropies on this enquiry with the WRI India team.
- Collate information from interviews and landscape analysis in report and deliver presentation to internal audience of WRI India
- Identify and initiate discussion with 5 CSR or philanthropic agencies to work with WRI India energy program on reviewing their current efforts to align with best practices.
Location: Delhii, India
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) @WRI India
WRI India values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion across all areas of our work and workforce. Integrating these values into our actions fosters a progressive and collaborative culture and can also enhance our impact. It is our responsibility to create a welcoming working environment for people of diverse cultures, backgrounds and experience to learn together. We are responsible for fostering a safe and inclusive workplace where questions, concerns and information about diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our ongoing dialogue and development.
Learn more about WRI India’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Click Here
Equal employment @WRI India
We believe in equal employment, it is our policy to recruit, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to caste, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.