WRI China Office is seeking a Grants & Finance Coordinator. In this role, you will support WRI China Office by assisting in accounting, finance, and grants and contracts management for our growing portfolio of grants and partnerships. You will report to the Operations Manager.
Accounting and Finance Management (60%)
- Assist with all aspects of office accounting management, including but not limited to payment processing, staff reimbursement, expense reports, wire reports, bookkeeping, etc.
- Support tax reporting including expert IIT reporting, tax system maintenance and other tax related tasks required by local tax bureaus.
- Assist with internal and external auditing.
- Work with local bank to deal with office banking business when required.
- Accounting and financial document filing, keeping and maintenance.
- Assist with clarifying and streamlining various internal processes and policies to staff.
- Support financial management of office budgets, including monthly review.
Grant and Subagreement Management (30%)
- Assist with project grants and contracts review, including ensuring compliance with internal and external requirement.
- Support clarifying grants & contracts policies, guidelines, and procedures to staff.
- Assist with local legal compliance work and PSB liaison.
- Coordinate financially with the office assistant for team workshops, conferences, research seminars, and other events for the team as needed.
- Provide timesheet guidance when needed.
- Support core function with the timely and accurate submission of expense reports, timesheets, and other transactions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is desired, relevant work experience in lieu of a degree is accepted.
- One+ years of relevant, full-time work experience, preferably in accounting, financial management, budgeting, administration for nonprofit operations.
- Must be adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and can manage multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Strong process orientation with sensitivity to quality, timelines, and organizational systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), especially Excel is preferred.
How to Apply
[Please indicate if a cover letter and/or additional application materials are required.]
Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.
Final candidate will be required to take a writing test.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Location: Beijing, China
Application Deadline: Open till filled.