Modelon is revolutionizing the engineering design industry by offering technologies and services that enable customers to leverage system simulation. Modelon’s flagship product, Modelon Impact, is a cloud system simulation platform that helps engineers design, analyze, and simulate physical systems. Our team brings deep industry expertise and is dedicate to guiding our customers in creating innovative technologies at their respective organizations. Headquartered in Lund, Sweden, Modelon is a global company with offices in Germany, India, Japan, Prague, and the United States. We believe that system simulation should be accessible to every engineer and are dedicated to being an open-standard platform company.
As a Simulation Engineer, you will work with Modelon’s Industry Solution Teams to deliver systems modeling and simulation solutions for energy and process industries. This role includes development of Modelon Modelica Libraries and application of all Modelon software products to deliver value-added solutions in both consulting projects and presales engagements. The simulation engineer reports to the Industry Team Leader based in the United States.
This position is announced within the Energy Industry Team. The Energy Industry Team is a global team working with a wide range of applications, from conventional heat and power generation to renewables, storage systems, hydrogen technologies, fuel cells, and carbon capture. The energy sector is experiencing massive changes; model-based solutions are essential to support the required innovations toward carbon neutrality and climate goals.
Model Development - You will work with a team of domain experts to deliver physics-based, lumped-parameter CAE models to Modelon customers leveraging Modelon’s portfolio of Modelica libraries. Using commercial libraries in conjunction with custom modeling work, you will have an opportunity to model complex physical systems focusing on energy applications and possibly including topics such as automotive or aerospace. Where applicable, you will work with the Product Development team to integrate custom modeling solutions into Modelon’s commercial product portfolio.
Simulation and Analysis - You will perform model-based systems engineering in various application tools. Simulation and analysis work includes correlating and verifying models with test data, performing design studies, connecting physical models with controls, optimizing systems, automating simulation and analysis workflows in a scripted environment, and documenting results.
Customer Engagement - You will work with Industry Solution Teams and the Application Engineering Team to deliver timely, high-quality results that positively influence customer success. You will gain knowledge of Modelon’s complete product portfolio and apply relevant technology to solve complex customer problems. In this role, you will be able to engage directly with customers to ensure the successful delivery of consulting projects. You will also interact with potential customers to map out system simulation solutions in presales engagements as a subject matter expert.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- 1-2 years of industry or applied research experience in battery, electric motor, and power electronics.
- Proven experience with control designs. Advanced knowledge of optimization is a plus.
- Solid understanding of computer simulation and numerical methods.
- Strongly self-motivated with a collaborated working style.
- Curious to learn knowledge in different domains and bold to explore new technologies.
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in 1-D modeling and simulation software (e.g., Modelica, Modelon Impact, Dymola, MATLAB/Simulink).
- Familiarity with Functional Mockup Interface (FMI) technologies is a plus.
- Experience in agile development and version control software (e.g., Git, SVN)
- Ability to transform complex engineering concepts and solutions into compelling and easy-to-use software features.
Join our team and be a part of an innovative company that is shaping the future of engineering technology. We offer comprehensive benefits and opportunities for professional growth and development.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email Charles Xavier at email@example.com with an updated resume and cover letter stating your interest in this position.