Turner & Townsend is a leading global consultancy, with around 3,000 employees in the UK and over 6,000 globally. We are a growing organisation and recently ranked number 1 in the Times PwC Top Track 250. We are a dynamic and innovative company, quick to respond to market trends and with a reputation for quality.
We are passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realise their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society. Our three core Values are Love a Challenge, Stronger Together and Bring out the Best in Everyone, these bring T&T’s Purpose and Values to life in everything we do, now and in the future. It helps us bring out the best in everyone by sharing clear expectations of what’s required of ourselves and others across the business.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver challenging and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide. Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Our Contracts Services, Procurement team deliver independent procurement and contractual advice across the whole lifecycle, built from our involvement in some of the world's largest and most complex projects across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors.
We have recently established a new Sustainable Procurement service, which is growing in line with our wider client demand for expertise in evolving procurement & supply chain to deliver more sustainable outcomes.
Reporting to an established Renewable Energy Procurement lead, you will be helping our clients to deliver major capital programmes and projects for green technologies to provide more sustainable energy sources for customers and the community at large. We have opportunities for people with a passion for renewable energy and major capital programmes and project to join our expanding Procurement team within Contract Services, across our UK offices, as we respond to the increasing demand for our services from our clients.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their career, skills, and knowledge through working with industry leading organisations across the UK and globally, making a tangible impact on large scale flagship programmes and projects, challenging themselves in a market leading global professional services business and collaborating with an outstanding team of specialist procurement consultants.
We are the first consultancy to be recognised by the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) for excellence in the procurement processes that it provides for clients in the construction sector. Our Team received a Procurement Excellence Programme Award demonstrating excellence in our procurement and supply chain activities.
This role will provide the opportunity to further your capital procurement and consultancy experience, working with highly skilled teams to deliver industry leading programmes and projects advice to large global brands and on some of the most exciting transformational energy investments.
- As required, to lead or support procurement engagements across multiple programmes, projects, and commissions, helping clients progress towards better green, sustainable outcomes across numerous renewable energy asset types
- To deliver and continually improve clients’ performance and meet targets across key capital procurement themes.
- Support the development of the renewable energy procurement services provided by T&T
- To lead or support the business development for renewable energy procurement and the marketing requirements of the wider Contract Services capability.
- To provide hands-on support the delivery of both team and wider business targets in T&T encompassing Business Generation, Service Excellence, Operational and People based growth objectives.
We are looking for individuals with knowledge and experience with embedding excellence into end-to-end procurement activities, in addition core skills-sets and experience across end-to-end procurement, supply chain management and/or contract management. This includes a mixture of the following:
- Major capital programmes and projects procurement strategy and implementation throughout the procurement lifecycle
- Contract management
- Supply chain intelligence
- Supplier evaluation strategies
- Supply chain management
- Contract terms, negotiation, and award
Experience in one or more of the following technologies (including, but not limited to) is desirable but not essential:
- Onshore and Offshore Wind
- Energy from Waste
- Carbon Capture
- Net Zero
- Combined Heat & Power (CHP)
At T&T we pride ourselves on professionally developing our teams, offering a unique opportunity to rapidly progress their career within an entrepreneurial and growing team. This is achieved through a mixture of delivering large scale projects whilst being supported by project teams and leaders, mentoring, and coaching from industry leading professionals, specific procurement training and development delivered both online and face to face and becoming trusted experts in major programmes and projects capital procurement.
Turner & Townsend encourages a Hybrid method of working to provide a practical work and life balance that recognises the challenges that life brings. We are keen to ensure that our team delivers industry leading practice on our Procurement projects and therefore we encourage and support individuals to achieve MCIPS status for CIPS and regular Professional Development will be available to further skills and knowledge.
Further opportunities are available to travel both nationally and internationally to service and manage key commissions for our blue-chip client portfolio.
To deliver value for our clients we are looking for a mixture of the following:
- Preferably has a degree related to one of the following: Procurement, Supply Chain, Sustainability, Business Management, or similar disciplines.
- Has achieved, is working towards or is willing to work towards at least Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
- Security Clearance (SC) – currently valid or could be reinstated, not essential.
- Wider procurement consulting experience gained from either client, contractor, or professional services organisation.
- Experience of key responsible sourcing areas including human rights, environment, health and safety, anti-bribery & corruption, and labour practices.
- Good understanding of UK and international energy sector, related technologies and regulatory environments is desirable.
- Experience of successful supplier engagement.
- Confident, independent, and able to work autonomously without need for supervision.
- Be able to manage work/business development/career development activities.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Experienced and confident in compiling reports and research documentation.
- Confident in a client facing role and collaborating with stakeholders.
- Good IT skills and a real interest in tools, systems, and data.
- Driven to get results.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team to achieve desired outcomes.
T&T is a leading global property consultancy, with around 3,000 employees in the UK and over 6,000 globally. We are a growing organisation with high ambitions and recently ranked number 1 in the Times PWC Top Track 250. This is a dynamic and innovative company, quick to respond to market trends and with a reputation for quality.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change. We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
SOX control responsibilities may be part of this role, which are to be adhered to where applicable.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.