ERM is seeking a Managing Environmental Consultant to join our growing Sustainable Operations technical team in Charlotte, NC. In this role, you will provide project management and technical assistance on environmental compliance and environmental management systems projects, and compliance assurance programs for clients locally, nationally, and internationally. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging EHS management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national Sustainable Operations experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Develop and implement strategic business/action plan, provide leadership, and deliver performance results to expand ERM's Sustainable Operations service and client base, with a particular focus on environmental services. Serve as a key member of the “core” technical team to drive profitable growth across the Environmental Programs service line.
- Provide technical assistance on EHS compliance, environmental management system, and due diligence transaction projects.
- Provide on-site EHS compliance support at client facilities.
- Perform environmental compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Implement environmental management systems and programs for corporate clients.
- Develop plans, permits, and procedures for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater.
- Perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessments to support property due diligence services.
- Manage litigation support projects under attorney-client privilege.
- Manage multiple projects of moderate to high complexity, within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Communicate with clients, ERM employees, and vendors.
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Develop and manage innovative, behavior and performance outcome-focused approaches and programs for a variety of clients with complex technical/ regulatory issues. Design and implement corporate environmental strategies and programs, compliance auditing, environmental management systems, high-impact training, and general compliance support. Achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of the Sustainable Operations technical team.
- Develop a working understanding of ERM’s other consulting service areas and actively support cross selling these services to existing clients. Support the general growth and development of ERM’s international Performance & Assurance technical community. Coordinate with ERM offices in the Americas, Asia-Pacific, and Europe regions.
- 6+ years relevant experience in working with organizations on environmental and risk management, leadership/culture, and/or sustainable environmental compliance programs. Be passionate about operational performance improvement and have substantial experience developing and delivering world-class solutions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting, with guidance and direction. Ability to be adaptable, deal with ambiguity, and flexible to changing situations, able to think outside the box, and to identify and respond rapidly to safety issues in field locations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Willingness to travel, both within the United States and to international locations in support of client programs. Up to 30% travel may be required. Must have a valid passport.
- BS/MS degree preferred.
- Professional Engineering Certification in field.
- Prior consulting experience is required.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!