- Proven experience as a Wind Blade Composite Repair Technician or in a related field, with a strong understanding of composite materials, repair techniques, and NDT methods
- Proficiency in interpreting engineering drawings, technical manuals, and repair specifications
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to wind turbine blade repair, such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OSHA regulations
- Ability to work at heights and in challenging environments, with a strong emphasis on safety
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools, including grinders, sanders, and spray guns
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Willingness to travel to different job sites and work flexible hours
- High school or equivalent: or up to one-year related experience or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-year related experience or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successfully complete applicable safety and technical training program for the entry level wind technician.
- Able to demonstrate some basic computer knowledge.
- Able to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly to:
- Stand, climb, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is frequently to talk or hear
- The employee lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Able to work at heights, including climbing up and descending towers, working from a suspended platform or manlift, entering nacelles and hubs at extreme heights
- Able to work in a mechanical environment. This may have been achieved through formal training, previous work experience as an auto mechanic or the ability to demonstrate that an individual is mechanically inclined
- Able to operate company vehicles (field trucks) both on site as well as on public roads and highways
- Must have a current driver’s license with a good DMV printout
- Demonstrate good work habits, including but not limited to attendance, and maintaining a neat and orderly work environment
Composite Technicians spend 100% of their time in the field, excluding safety; Manager and scheduled training exercises. Technicians work in teams and are provided a company vehicle (service truck) in which they
carry tools and parts necessary to perform repairs and/or maintenance on turbines in multiple wind fields on any given day. Generally, Service Technicians work in extreme weather conditions.
This role’s hourly range is between $21.00 - $35.00
In addition, EDF Renewables offers best-in-class employment incentives, including.
- Competitive Bonus incentives: This position is eligible for our annual bonus program
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: EDF Renewables USA pays 100% of premiums for employee health benefits & provides low-cost coverage for eligible dependents
- Rewarding 401k Package: EDF Renewables provides a generous contribution with immediate vesting
We are also proud to offer:
- Favorable time off programs, including paid parental leave
- Rewarding Learning & Development Opportunities
- Personalized Financial 1:1 Coaching Workshops
- Supportive Mentorship & Buddy Programs
Be a part of an innovative and collaborative team environment that fosters our goal of Delivering renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.