Since its entry into the material handling industry in the 1960s, Crown Equipment Corporation has earned a reputation for exceptional product design, engineering and manufacturing of its award-winning line of electric lift trucks. From our smallest pallet truck to our highest lifting VNA truck, our goal is to always provide the user with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic forklift truck possible. Crown supports customers with a wide selection of electric forklift trucks ranging from pallet trucks to very narrow-aisle VNA trucks.
Our brand promise is:
“Crown designs, manufactures, distributes, services and supports material handling products that provide customers with superior value.”
Quality and performance are the foundation of Crown’s success. Since our inception, our company culture has always been about people performing and working as a team to ensure that quality is built into every forklift truck we make.
Crown’s headquarters, manufacturing facilities and network of branches offer diverse and challenging careers in a broad range of professional and vocational roles.
To carry out service and repairs to all battery equipment on customer sites in a safe, professional and cost effective manner, maintaining documentation of all works carried out in line with Health and Safety and Quality procedures.
The role will involve working to a planned schedule of service and maintenance jobs at our client’s premises.
To ensure van stock is monitored / counted, and sufficient for the day to day maintenance of the fleet.
- To carry out the repair, inspection and quotation of customer battery equipment and associated accessories.
- To accurately complete job sheets, timesheets and purchase requisition and parts paperwork within the required timescales.
- To take responsibility for all equipment and tooling (including van/laptop/tablet etc.) and ensure that it is in a safe condition for the type of work being undertaken.
- To work to strict planned schedules and deadlines.
- Be able to diagnose faults to a component level.
To be considered for the role you will need to have knowledge of at least two of the following areas, and be able, willing and accepting of additional training to allow you to excel within Crown Lift Trucks Ltd.
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Battery, Charger & Battery Change systems
You will have the ability to work independently and in a team, hold good communication skills, work to a high standard and be able to work to timescales as required.
We need someone who essentially can be product trained and then take the Battery Service Engineer role on straight away.
Ideally candidate to live in East or West Midlands
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday – 08:00am to 16:30pm with 30 minutes lunch.
A company van and fuel card are provided with the option for private use (subject to tax regulations).
25 days holiday.
Company pension plan.
At Crown, we know that our employees are the driving force behind our success in the material handling industry. We cultivate a culture of passionate people and inspired innovation. In fact, throughout Crown’s history, more than 1,000 employees have reached a 25-year milestone, and we are proud to have travelled their career paths with them.
From employee training and development to competitive compensation packages, we invest in our employees, knowing that people are always at the core of what moves us forward.
In addition to financial remuneration and participation, we our offer our employees various social benefits including but not limited to:
- Company van plus fuel card – private use of company vehicle (subject to tax regulations)
- Company pension plan.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Door to door payment.
- Support with tooling
- Excellent discount scheme with access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands.
- Employee assistance programme.