As our new Senior Consultant Technical Project Management, you will be part of our global Offshore Wind Advisory team. You will take on a key role delivering, shaping, and enhancing our service deliverables within development of offshore wind projects. Our assignments are of a diverse nature with both well-known and new market players, joint ventures, and investment funds, and cover a broad scope of services as well as potential combination with other technologies, such as Power-to-X, where we would make use of the wider Ramboll expertise.
If you are motivated to work in an international environment at one of the leading renewable energy consulting firms, crave a challenging role but also flexibility and work life balance, this role may be ideal for you. The position will be based in Warsaw / Gdynia, but our hybrid work model allows you to split your time between working in the office and working from home.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an inclusive, collaborative, and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, clients, and people around the world.
World leader in wind energy
Ramboll is a world leader in offshore wind with a unique value proposition. We have been involved in more than 70% of all operating offshore wind farms globally. With our international, multidisciplinary and wind energy specific competencies, we are a true full-range service provider for offshore wind energy projects in all its phases. Ramboll supports clients globally to identify, evaluate and quantify both risks and opportunities, allowing them to make well educated, strategic decisions based on practical offshore wind project development, financing, and execution experience, combined with world-class engineering know-how.
We are among the very few consultancies in the world, providing engineering services for bottom-fixed as well as floating wind foundations. Since 2007 we have been involved in floating offshore wind and today have a dedicated team of experts supporting clients globally.
Within Ramboll, over 500 highly qualified experts are working on onshore and offshore wind projects globally, operating primarily from our 15 key offices across the Nordics, Germany, UK, Poland, Spain, Japan, Korea, and the US.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As part of a multidisciplinary project team, you will take on diverse tasks and responsibilities in international projects of varied complexity and scale, such as:
- Lead diverse projects related to offshore wind development across different markets
- Understand client's needs and plan our scope with a view to value creation for the client, incl. putting together a fitting internal team
- Manage execution of our scope by steering subject matter experts, coordinate and review work products
- Complete projects for offshore wind farms around the globe along the entire project lifecycle, develop practical solutions to multifaceted problems
- Support an array of client types (e.g., project developers, seller, lenders, governments, and non-governmental organizations) to successfully deliver offshore wind-related projects globally
- Get involved with potential projects already in the proposal stage, delivering scope and cost inputs to potential projects
- Work on different packages depending on the needs of the specific assignment
- Support standardisation processes and initiatives across the Wind Advisory team aiming at developing standard and modular technical requirements for the contracting of the Technical Project Management scope in international projects
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; a master’s degree or other advanced degree is preferred
- 4-10 years of relevant professional experience in consulting or project management
- Substantial experience in offshore wind project development, execution and / or operation within a project developer organisation or in an Owner’s Engineer role within the relevant field
- Profound industry knowledge and a thorough understanding of design and engineering, project economics, interfaces, risks, and commercial aspects of offshore wind farm development
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated to offshore construction projects
- Proven track record, industry reputation and network
- Ideally, expertise in one or more of the following areas: wind turbine technology, floating wind, supply chain, electrical, cables, substations, foundations, WTG package management, transport, and installation
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English; additional languages are beneficial
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills with a structured approach to solving problems
- Open minded, team-oriented, self-driven, pro-active, and assertive
- High motivation to work in a growing multi-national team and in different environments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and make independent decisions that promote / advance company goals and objectives
- Strong writing and communication skills with an eye for analytical and persuasive presentations
- Track record of presenting technical options to clients, ideally including evaluation of options on cost basis
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green energy transition and offers a holistic approach that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,600 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design, and implement energy solutions all over the world.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. Ramboll is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and we welcome applications from under-represented groups in STEM, such as women, LGBTQ+ and BAME communities, and people with a disability. We look forward to receiving your application.