As our new Chief Consultant, you will be part of our global Market Advisory competence group within our Offshore Wind Advisory team. You will take on a key role as subject matter expert shaping and enhancing our service deliverables. Our assignments are of a diverse nature with both well-known and new market players, joint ventures and investment funds, and cover a broad scope of services as well as potential combination with other technologies, such as Power-to-X, where we would make use of the wider Ramboll expertise.
If you crave a challenging role but also flexibility and work life balance, this role may be ideal for you. The position will be based out of one of our UK offices (with preference for Bristol, London, Glasgow or Edinburgh), but our hybrid work model allows you to split your time between working in the office and working from home. If located out of our Glasgow of Edinburgh office, additional business development duties for the Scottish market may be required. A base in Ireland is also possible, with preference for Dublin. This location may come with additional office / country management responsibilities if desirable and agreed.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an inclusive, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, clients and people around the world.
World leader in wind energy
Ramboll is a world leader in offshore wind with a unique value proposition. We have been involved in more than 70% of all operating offshore wind farms globally. With our international, multidisciplinary and wind energy specific competencies, we are a true full-range service provider for offshore wind energy projects in all its phases. Ramboll supports clients globally to identify, evaluate and quantify both risks and opportunities, allowing them to make well educated, strategic decisions based on practical offshore wind project development, financing and execution experience, combined with world-class engineering know-how.
We are among the very few consultancies in the world, providing engineering services for bottom-fixed as well as floating wind foundations. Since 2007 we have been involved in floating offshore wind and today have a dedicated team of experts supporting clients globally.
Within Ramboll, over 500 highly qualified experts are working on onshore and offshore wind projects globally, operating primarily from our 15 key offices across the Nordics, Germany, UK, Poland, Spain, Japan, Korea and the US.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As part of a multidisciplinary project team, you will take on diverse tasks and responsibilities in international projects of varied complexity and scale, such as:
- Diverse projects in the area of market advisory for both fixed-bottom and floating wind, such as market screening, strategic roadmaps, site identification / ranking, port assessment, supply chain studies and support in securing offshore wind farm sites (for example via lease auction)
- Project management or contribution as a specialist, steer the analysis of subject matter experts, write polished and insightful reports, engage with stakeholders and present the results to large audiences
- Support an array of client types, such as project developers, seller, lenders, governments and non-governmental organizations, to successfully deliver offshore wind-related projects globally
- Get involved with potential projects already in the proposal stage, deliver scope and cost inputs to potential projects
- Review, quality check and approve work undertaken by colleagues
- As the team in the UK&I markets grow, you will also be expected to manage and mentor a team of more junior consultants
- Market development activities such as conference attendance, thought leadership pieces, client meetings and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; a master’s degree or other advanced degree is preferred. These must have been obtained with a minimum of a 2:1 classification or equivalent.
- Extensive relevant professional experience in wind energy consulting or project management. Experience in the UK&I market will be preferred.
- Profound industry knowledge and understanding of design and engineering, project economics, interfaces, risks and commercial aspects of offshore wind farm development
- Contacts to an established network of clients for market advisory work, preference for UK&I based clients.
- High-level of comfort and proficiency in presentations and workshops
- Industry reputation and established network of clients in the market advisory space
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and make independent decisions that promote / advance company goals and objectives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English; additional languages are beneficial
- Strong writing and communication skills with an eye for analytical and persuasive presentations
- Ideally, specialist expertise in one or more areas commonly seen in market advisory work
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green energy transition and offers a holistic approach that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,600 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. Ramboll is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and we welcome applications from under-represented groups in STEM, such as women, LGBTQ+ and BAME communities, and people with a disability. We look forward to receiving your application.