Transparent Energy is one of the fastest growing energy brokerage and consulting firms in the U.S. Combining advanced online auction technology, process expertise, and a deep working knowledge of deregulated energy markets, we have established a roster of thousands of commercial, industrial, and government clients, for whom we have saved millions of dollars. Want to play for a winner? We are always on the lookout for talented individuals who are eager to learn, work hard, and who measure success by the success of their customers.
Our team is knowledgeable, experienced, and passionate about helping energy buyers – our customers – get the most from the market. We share a value system that emphasizes team dynamics and shared goals for expansion and opportunity.
At Transparent Energy we’re looking for qualified, highly self-motivated individuals to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned broker looking for new opportunities, an energy or technology enthusiast looking to grow and advance your career, or new to the energy business and looking to learn in a structured, fast-paced environment, you should be talking to us.
We have a culture of driven, entrepreneurial and goal-oriented professionals, and are currently heavily investing in scaling our proven sales processes and are quickly growing to be the leading energy consulting firm in the United States.
Company core values
- Embrace and drive change - We look for innovative ways to disrupt legacy industries by recruiting and partnering with thought leaders and marrying process optimization and technology.
- Create social and sustainable value - The world is a global village, and we strive to do right to our colleagues, business partners, customers, and future generations. We act with transparency and integrity. Always.
- Take ownership and focus on impact - We are accountable and responsible for our actions and results. We focus on what matters and ensure that whatever we work on drives value.
- Excellence through diversity - We value teamwork through diversity in ideas, lifestyles and people. We encourage each other to become better versions of ourselves.
- Aim for greatness- We think and dream big, and when we find opportunity, we act fast.
The Business Development Manager role is responsible for mastering our proprietary sales processes and effectively articulating Transparent Energy's value proposition to both prospects and existing clients. The role will work closely with account managers and sales support to ensure the successful acquisition and retention of large commercial, industrial and institutional clients.
Applicants must be motivated to learn our holistic energy procurement process and have a burning desire to be successful on a team that will be growing exponentially over the next few years. Applicants must be creative and passionate when it comes to the energy markets. Our search for candidates focuses on those with a proven track record of success in B2B sales resulting from maniacal prospecting, disciplined sales process, professional conduct and well-developed closing skills. As a member of our sales team, you will be tasked with customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account retention. The Business Development Manager will have access to Sales Support & Marketing resources, who will assist in lead generation and qualification.
- Annual Base Salary: $90,000 - $135,000 (commensurate on experience)
- Quarterly & Annual Sales Bonuses
- Residual & Upfront Commissions
- Evangelize the merits of our unique procurement process and energy reverse-auction platform
- Manage a portfolio of large commercial, institutional & industrial clients through the entire energy procurement cycle – initial meetings, closing accounts, renewing accounts, account expansion
- Form productive strategic partnerships with channels and affiliates to offer retail-energy, sustainability, and other energy-related product offerings to their clients
- Develop go-to-market strategies and marketing campaigns to target prospects in deregulated markets, with access to Sales Support & Marketing teams for collaboration
- Sell consultatively through our proven sales process and provide executable strategies to effectively conduct business
- Take part in events to increase company visibility such as seminars, trade shows, and networking events
- Utilize internal software programs for pipeline management and sales progress reporting
- Work cross-departmentally with our dedicated pricing desk to sign up customers with energy contracts
- Communicate additional product offerings to current and prospective customers, including, but not limited to offerings from partner companies
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience performing business development in energy solutions, energy software, or energy management services in the commercial, institutional, and/or industrial markets is preferred
- A book of business, or established relationships with a portfolio of clients is strongly preferred
- Ability to present and engage with C-Level prospects and clients
- Superb multitasking ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Client Relationship Management (CRM) software experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- No relocation package will be offered
- No Visa sponsorships