Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test, random drug test thereafter in accordance with the published policy of Doyon Utilities.
- Must have a valid driver's license issued by the State of Alaska. Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska.
- Eligibility to work on a military installation includes compliance with Department of Defense mandates with respect to employee background and health directives.
- Construction or related area experience. Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, issues and technological developments that may influence the company’s environmental policies, compliance and stewardship goals.
- Able to exhibit technical skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communications skills, including public speaking.
- Familiar with environmental terminology and regulations applicable to utility operations on a military installation in Alaska.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Doyon Utilities will provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities. Accommodation requests should be made, in writing to the Human Resources Department.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO Know Your Rights poster is available at Know Your Rights (eeoc.gov) For questions on the job posting contact 907-455-1500.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing - Occasionally
- Walking - Occasionally
- Sitting - Constantly
- Lifting - Rarely
- Carrying - Rarely
- Pushing - Rarely
- Pulling - Rarely
- Climbing - Rarely
- Balancing - Rarely
- Stooping - Rarely
- Kneeling - Rarely
- Crouching - Rarely
- Crawling - Rarely
- Reaching - Rarely
- Handling - Occasionally
- Grasping - Occasionally
- Feeling - Rarely
- Talking - Constantly
- Hearing - Constantly
- Repetitive Motions - Frequently
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination - Frequently
- Extreme cold - Rarely
- Extreme heat - Rarely
- Humidity - Rarely
- Wet - Rarely
- Noise - Rarely
- Hazards - Rarely
- Temperature Change - Rarely
- Atmospheric Conditions - Rarely
- Vibration - Rarely
Doyon Utilities is committed to delivering safe and resilient utility services with an emphasis on reliability and efficiency. Our employees are committed professionals in their fields and passionate about what they do and the customers they serve: the United States Military. Inherent in our mission is modernizing facilities; employing best utility practices that reflect leading industry standards; and operating as vigilant stewards of the environment while ensuring the health and safety of our workforce and our customers.