Environmental/Geological Summer Student
Sureway offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
Sureway Construction Group of Companies is currently seeking an Environmental/Geological Summer Student for a seasonal contract with potential for longer term employment.
- Herbicide application and weed management
- Record keeping
- Light equipment operation
- Site inspections
- Data collection and recording
- Sample handling and processing
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Current Alberta Pesticide Applicator license is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates who possess or a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Environmental/Geological Sciences or related field
- Experience with truck trailers is preferred
- ATV and/or tractor experience is an asset
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be a reliable, motivated individual
- Must exhibit problem solving skills and a high level of independence
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support
Sureway Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?
Qualified candidates may submit their resume on our website www.sureway.ca/careers.