WHO WE ARE
Come grow with us! If you are a passionate change agent who thrives in a collaborative, entrepreneurial and inclusive, culture committed to operational excellence, we would like to meet you.
At Resonance, you get involved in the work, in the field, not just in the deck. Our teams are autonomous and self-sufficient. You get to weigh in with founders and leaders on how to drive change and grow the movement while growing the company.
Resonance is an award-winning, Certified B Corporation consultancy that delivers market-based solutions to address the world's toughest challenges. We enable a variety of donor, commercial, and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets.
The Manager, Sustainability Initiatives on Resonance’s Impact Advisory team leads a portfolio of sustainability-related client engagements with our corporate, NGO and foundation clients. The Manager serves as the lead point-of-contact and is responsible for ensuring excellent client delivery and strong financial performance. They supervise a small team of analysts and assistants, ensuring staff are well-resourced on project work and developing as professionals. The Manager plays a critical role in business development -both with existing and prospective clients- devising client engagement strategies, building strong relationships and leading the development of proposals. At Resonance, you can expect all the challenges and benefits of a fast-paced, roll-up-your-sleeves, entrepreneurial environment – wide-open space for ideation and agile strategy and execution, and optimal opportunity to have a direct and positive impact on the success of the company. Candidates should have a demonstrated understanding of and passion for developing market-based sustainability solutions.
This is a full-time position based in Burlington, VT; Washington, DC or remote.
Client Project Management and Business Development (80%)
· Manage key client engagements by developing and executing projects or partnerships with corporate, NGO and foundation clients.
· Ensure high levels of client satisfaction through exceptional, responsive, and efficient project delivery.
· Own project budgets by maintaining and tracking all project spend and staff utilization to ensure strong financial performance.
· Serve as the Account Lead for prospective clients focused on sustainability.
· Grow and deepen relationships with existing clients, supporting new areas of exploration within their unique sustainability challenges and aspirations, identifying new areas of work, and achieving overall business growth.
· Draft and review proposals and scopes of work for new or existing clients that showcase current services and offer innovative approaches to existing business and sustainability challenges.
Management and Skills Development (20%)
· Supervise and mentor a small team of analysts and assistants, providing management oversight while also supporting staff to develop their skills.
· Model leadership behaviors consistent with Resonance values and a high-performing culture.
· Collaborate with HR, technical services, and other teams to develop and implement learning and professional development activities for staff across the company.
Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in business administration,environmental studies, international developmentor related field
- 5 years+ of progressively responsible experience implementing and managing sustainability or international development projects in a global context.
- Demonstrated understanding of private sector sustainability and ESG market trends in areas such as sustainable sourcing, circularity, climate, water and regenerative agriculture through relevant coursework, writing and/or work experience.
- 1+ year of experience of managing at least 1 direct report
Preferred Education, Experience & Competencies
- Previous experience developing or supporting multi-stakeholder partnerships.
- Professional working proficiency in French or Spanish
- Previous experience working in a management consulting role.
- Previous experience working in emerging markets in Africa, Asia or Latin America.
$85,000 - $98,000
Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally on short notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
US work authorization required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Resonance is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation) parental status, genetic information (including family medical history) political affiliation, military service, age, veteran status, disability, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs. Consistent with these obligations, Resonance also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances, and practices.
Resonance believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on any of the above-mentioned characteristics.
We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.