NIKA is hiring for an Environmental/Energy Manager to develop, implement and monitor environmental programs affecting a base operations support services contract at the Marine Corps Base Twentynine Palms, CA!!
Named a �Top Workplace� by the Washington Post, NIKA is a well-established company that is focused on growth within an entrepreneurial environment. We work with governments to operate and manage their real property. Our operations management, engineering, and project management services provide our customers with the value and expertise to ensure operational readiness for complex and mission-critical facilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The Environmental/Energy Manager will be responsible for ensuring Contractor operations adhere to the goals and policies of the Environmental Management System, the Installation Energy Plan, and other specified Sustainability requirements.
- Develop, implement, and monitor environmental strategies, policies, and programs that promote sustainable development and examine the contract activities.
- Examine contract activities to establish where improvements can be made.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and energy policy.
- Must have a minimum of two years� experience with environmental procedures similar to a base operations contract.
- Must be familiar with Environmental Management Systems (EMS).
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and federal energy laws and policy (including energy and water reduction requirements and renewable energy requirements) that are applicable to DoD base operations contracts.
- Must possess knowledge of all aspects of the current Environmental Program to include compliance evaluations and documentation, reviews, meetings, briefings, tours, inspections, reports, and documentation.
- A bachelor�s degree in Environmental Science of Environmental Engineering.
- A master�s Degree in management is preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience using broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex issues.
- Excellent communication and listening skills and the ability to communicate with various levels within the organization.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Extremely high level of attention to detail and the ability to take initiative and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Clearance Access Card (CAC).
- U.S. Citizenship required.
NIKA provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, NIKA takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.