Edge Environment is Australia’s leading independent sustainability consultancy and a certified B-Corp. We’re all about creating a positive impact, by combining science, strategy, and storytelling in unique and wonderful ways, that give our clients the confidence to take real action and do well, by doing good.
We have a growing global footprint working with private and ASX-listed businesses, multiple levels of government, NGOs, and purposeful start-ups to develop sustainability solutions at all scales from products to cities to regions and global brands.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sustainability Consultant who is passionate, motivated, technically astute, and collaborative with a focus on delivering sustainability outcomes in the infrastructure sector. This role has the flexibility to work from Melbourne or Sydney.
The role's core responsibility is to deliver high-quality sustainability project work for Clients across the infrastructure sector while contributing to the fast-evolving Sustainable Delivery team. You will be expected to develop strong industry networks, build client rapport and contribute to the Edge learning and collaborative environment.
Sustainable delivery services include:
- Sustainability management
- Sustainability planning and advisory
- Design and implementation
- Environment due diligence
- Deliver clients solutions and recommendations of exceptional quality, based on the best and latest science, methods, tools, and approaches.
- Prepare high-quality, clear, compelling summaries, reports, and/or presentations of analyses, and support project teams in delivering results, insights, and recommendations to clients.
- Serve as the Project Manager on some projects and as a project team member on others.
- In the Project Manager role, will be responsible for planning and organising project approach and work plan; ensuring successful implementation and completion by the project team; leading coordination and interactions with the client; tracking and reporting on project progress; and ensuring successful project administration (invoicing, etc.)
- Conduct business development activities and develop strong proposals in line with clients’ needs
- Develop and mentor consultants to grow their technical expertise
- Maintain awareness and thorough understanding of the latest trends and innovations in sustainable delivery in the infrastructure sector and share Edge’s expertise and contributions to the field when appropriate.
- Identify new or additional sustainability needs of our clients, and collaborate with them to develop approaches and solutions to meet those needs.
You will be client-focussed, known for your positive attitude, have strong interpersonal skills, and be seen as a trusted advisor. You will be adaptable and able to balance priorities spanning delivery and business development.
To be successful in this role you will also bring:
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience and working knowledge, technical expertise, and experience in the infrastructure sector delivering sustainability outcomes
- Knowledge and experience in :
- delivering Sustainability ratings,
- sustainability data reporting, and
- sustainability advisory and technical services across the project lifecycle
- Excellent project management skills and experience, ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent report writing, analytical skills (including Microsoft Excel expertise), and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and communication skills, with experience in stakeholder engagement
- Contribute to service delivery in sustainability strategy.
- Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professional (ISAP) and Auditor qualification preferred but not essential
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Edge Environment is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Edge, we offer:
- Flexibility, technology, and the trust needed to make a meaningful impact.
- Ongoing investment in your training and development
- Opportunity to participate in our profit share bonus scheme
- Opportunity to work for a certified B Corp that lives our value
At Edge, we believe the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives. These diverse minds and perspectives are critical to helping solve the environmental, social, and economic challenges society faces. We deeply care about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected, and empowered and are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or life stage.