Senior Advisor Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) - Abingdon
Are you currently an Environmental Health and Safety professional with 3 years of experience or currently a scientist wanting to move into EHS? Are you experienced and have the skills to support the operations make help shape EHS into something genuinely special? If you are working within pharmaceutical, life sciences, or Research Services (CRO) in the environmental health and safety department with a passion for human factors in Health & Safety? If so, then this could be an opportunity for you!
Role: Senior Advisor Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) UK, Permanent
Direct report: to Head of Global EHS
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: starting from £45,000 pa, dependant on skills and experience, excellent benefits package plus annual bonuses
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxford OX14 4SA, UK.
Evotec is a life science company with a unique business model focused on delivering highly effective new therapeutics to patients. The Company leverages its multimodality platform, the “Data-driven R&D Autobahn to Cures”, for proprietary projects and within a network of partners including Pharma, Biotech, academics, and other healthcare stakeholders. With more than 4,500 highly qualified people across 16 sites, Evotec aims to create the world-leading co-owned pipeline for innovative therapeutics. For additional information please go to www.evotec.com and follow us on Twitter @Evotec and LinkedIn.
Role and Responsibilities for our Senior Advisor Environmental, Health and Safety
As our Senior Advisor EHS you will report directly to the Head of EHS, UK this role supports our vision for an effective, contemporary and progressive Health, Safety and Environmental strategy for our UK operations UK. This role is based on the Abingdon site.
This role offers the flexibility of hybrid or office-based with the main location in the UK in Abingdon. National travel to the Alderley Park site and some international travel is also expected.
Living and deploying the EH&S Management System leading, owning or coaching to conduct assurance activities such as;
- H&S Legal and Risk Registers
- Environmental Aspects & Impacts Registers
- Audits and Governance reviews
- Assisting, participating and/or delivering engagement activities such as colleague workshops, presentations, and training events
- Enabling our stakeholders in their H&S risk assessments as part of the global and local Risk Register framework.
- Enable our stakeholders in environmental appraisals, sample testing, and inspections as part of the environmental permits and Environmental assurance.
- Enable or deliver both proactive and reactive risk management techniques striving to learn where both success and errors lie in our operations through:
- Post-event investigations
- Responding to environmental or safety emergencies
- Proactive risk management e.g., resilience or ‘stress-testing’ our EHS managements systems and procedures
- Assurance activities such as audits and inspections to assure the level of engagement, compliance, and senior management commitment.
- Assist with compliance with UK legislation and specific EHS permits as appropriate. Influencing excellence • Living and influencing the EHS Agenda across the UK operations by building meaningful collaborations with operational stakeholders.
- Delivering the EHS strategy for the UK through the UK EHS team and driving EHS improvements from the emphasis on learning.
Skills & Competencies
- A natural enjoyment of collaborating with people, highly empathetic.
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team. Education and Experience
- Proven project leadership and line management within UK Environment, Health and Safety with 3+ years’ experience is essential for this role.
- Knowledge of human factors in Health & Safety is advantageous.
- Can demonstrate continued professional development within overall EHS.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including remote interactions, as well as good organisational and time management abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent data capture and analysis standards as well as written and oral presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic and flexible, positive ‘go the extra mile’ approach.
Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of EHS in a pharmaceutical or life-science research organization e.g., chemical, and biological agents and, laboratory activities.
- Minimum NEBOSH certificate, and/or working towards the NEBOSH diploma (or equivalent) or BSc/MSc Health and Safety or Environment discipline.
- Environmental qualification desirable (IOSH, IEMA etc.).
- Knowledge of human factors in Health & Safety (e.g. HOP, Safety II, New View etc) is advantageous.
We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic benefits package and annual bonuses, plus, expenses covered where travelling is required.
- Pension on completion (but not subject to) of your 3-month probationary period. Contributions 6% for employees (salary sacrifice) and 6% for the employer. The employee can opt to increase their contribution and the employer will match the increase up to a maximum of 7.5%.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional length of service days awarded on the anniversary, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Private health insurance with BUPA for the employees and their partner/family under the company scheme.
- Private dental cover, after 3 months of service.
- Life assurance at four times your annual base salary.
- Wellbeing support 24/7 and counselling services.
- Permanent health insurance provides 75% of the base salary after the qualifying period.
- Eligibility to participate in the Company Bonus Scheme. This is a discretionary benefit.
- Excellent career progression opportunities within the company; we have excellent training and support and continuing professional development opportunities.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Refer a friend scheme, team and annual events, recognition awards and many more!
- On-site parking and discounted gym.
- Subsidised Restaurant, which offers an excellent breakfast and lunch selection.
- Good public transport links with bus service.
Apply NOW – please upload your up-to-date CV and cover letter to Workday.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Lomas, Global Talent Acquisition Senior Specialist Consultant
To view our current vacancies and more information about the company visit our website at Career - Evotec.
Evotec is proud to be an equal opportunities employer, welcoming individuals regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, race, nationality, religious denomination, or disability. We match our role based on your suitability and experience.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. We will consider European applications with the right skills and experience. All roles will be subject to a security screening check.
Due to the high volume of applications, we may close this vacancy at any time once we find our perfect match.
** Direct applications only, no agencies please.
#evotecjobs #abingdonjobs #ehsjobs #healthandsafety #safetyadvisorenvironmentalhealthand #healthandsafetyjobs #h&s #nebosh #hop #researchneverstops
FR : Dans le cadre de sa politique Diversité, Evotec étudie, à compétences égales, toutes les candidatures dont celles des personnes en situation de handicap.
ENG : In the frame of our Diversity policy, Evotec considers, with equal competences, all applications including people with disabilities.