Position Title Environmental Scientist or Geologist - Mid Level - Industrial and Commercial Projects - NJ #2800
Location Parsippany NJ
Premier regional environmental consulting and remediation firm is seeking motivated environmental professionals. Candidates must possess a BS degree in environmental science, geology, engineering or a related discipline, have completed OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience and background with an environmental, engineering and/or remediation company.
* With senior oversight, handles most aspects of case management / project management for commercial and industrial project work;
* Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs;
* Performs or manages the implementation of project work plans including staff briefing, scheduling, subcontractor coordination and sample collection;
* Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, creates and interprets accurate data display graphs and figures, completes basic fate and transport analysis, and identifies data gaps and data needs leading to development of Remedial Action Workplan;
* Works with and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution;
* Develops and manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan and analyzes cost control efficiencies;
* Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues; and
* Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or a related discipline
* 4+ years of related experience in New Jersey. Must include fieldwork and office based experience in environmental consulting field;
* Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete deliverable report with a focus on QA/QC;
* Must have working knowledge of New Jersey's environmental regulations;
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision on field sampling, remedial system O&M, and related site characterization projects; and
* Excellent communication skills are a must and mechanical aptitude is a plus.
Initial job responsibilities primarily will involve field work to support environmental site characterization, Phase I/II site assessment, engineering, and remediation projects. Field tasks include the coordination, implementation, and documentation of: soil, groundwater air, and soil vapor sampling; remediation system O&M; soil boring/well installation; contractor oversight. Office duties include data reduction/evaluation, technical analysis, and reporting of project work while working with and being mentored by senior staff.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or a related discipline.
2. 4+ years of fieldwork and office based experience in the environmental consulting field in New Jersey.
3. Excellent communication and technical writing skills and ability to independently prepare a complete deliverable reports with a focus on QA/QC.
4. Working knowledge of New Jersey's environmental regulations.