ESG / Sustainability-Expert in Purchasing (f/m/d)
Full-time | unlimited
Tracing its origins to 1585, Deutsche Börse Group has become one of the world’s leading exchange organisations and an innovative market infrastructure provider. In this role, we provide investors, financial institutions and companies access to global capital markets. By creating trust in the markets of today and tomorrow we foster growth and contribute to the prosperity of future generations. Deutsche Börse Group is an international company, headquartered in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. With more than 9,000 employees, the company has a strong global presence for its customers all over the world, including Luxembourg, Prague, Chicago, London, Cork, New York and many other locations.
What’s your part in all this? With your commitment you contribute to the success of our unique business model: offering a wide range of products, services and technologies, covering the entire value chain of global financial markets.
Field of activity:
The aim of the Corporate Purchasing function is to efficiently organize the sourcing process within the Deutsche Börse Group, and to ensure the supply of materials and services, to identify potential innovation within the relationship between internal customers and the market partners and to take advantage of procurement synergies.
In the new, vital role of "ESG / Sustainability Expert", you will work together with the team to implement and further develop responsible supply chain management and the integration of due diligence obligations from legal requirements into the supplier compliance risk management systems.
You will interface with colleagues of internal control functions and your colleagues in the subsidiaries of the Deutsche Börse Group and support the development and optimization of procurement processes, standards and working methods according to the requirements of internal and external Supplier Risk and ESG requirements.
- As a driving force and forward thinker, you will play a decisive role in the Purchasing team shaping the breakdown of sustainability goals and requirements within Corporate Purchasing, the integration of ESG in supplier performance and risk management, ESG-compliant contracts and the monitoring and management of ESG performance.
- You monitor the existing supplier portfolio on the basis of the legal ESG requirements and internally defined KPIs as well as with regard to the contractually agreed services and obligations and participate in the supplier selection, approval and development.
- In your role, you will be responsible for the creation and implementation of preventive measures, risk analyses, assessments of suppliers; in case of deviations, you will proactively initiate corrective measures and regularly report the status to the responsible internal control functions .
- Through feedback and sparring, you promote a powerful team culture that is defined by cohesion, humanity and an agile mindset.
- You have a degree in law or economics or a comparable degree.
- You are passionate about topics such as sustainable finance, circular economy, green deals or human rights.
- You should already have proven experience with supplier risk management as well as with the topic of ESG and ideally the Supply Chain Duty of Care Act.
- You also have strong experience and expertise with analysis processes of supply chains.
- You have robust project management skills, are very perceptive and are able to analyze complex legal and economic issues, necessary and apply them to the company.
- Your self-confident and professional appearance in cooperation with internal partners and service providers as well as your strong communication skills are tried and tested.
- You deal with conflicts at different management levels in a self-confident and professional manner by acting in a solution-oriented, convincing and persevering manner.
- Your business fluent German and English skills round off your profile.
Deutsche Börse Group embraces an international climate, whereby diversity is universal. This is evident across the board, be it through our diverse workforce, routine responsibilities or other areas of activities and scope of application. We are looking for employees who enjoy working in a dynamic and flexible environment and are willing to put forward innovative ideas for the company. An open mindset, a proactive approach and self-motivation are prerequisites.
We offer our employees an attractive remuneration package. Benefits include a high level of trust and autonomy in modern, centrally located workplaces where corporate culture and values are exercised regularly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Do you have questions about the application process or this position?
Ebru Sayar will gladly answer your questions. Please contact us at email@example.com or by phone 069-211-11810. We look forward to getting to know you!
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources