Rincon Consultants, Inc. is seeking to hire a Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager who will be responsible for supervising and overseeing business development, research, field work, impact analysis, and report preparation related to CEQA/NEPA and related technical studies. This position allows you to work from any of our 13 office locations, and also provides the potential for a hybrid/remote work arrangement within California.
Overview of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform business development functions, including proposal preparation and active involvement in planning/environmental organizations
- Write and manage the preparation of complex CEQA/NEPA documents
- Oversee and train junior staff on CEQA/NEPA and other planning/environmental requirements
- Interface with clients and make public presentations to agency decision-making bodies
- Perform agency consultation and ensure environmental regulatory compliance
- Demonstrate confidence in decision-making and be recognized by clients and peers as having expertise in CEQA/NEPA and related technical areas
This Job Might Be For You If You Have The Following:
- BA/BS preferably in environmental science, urban planning or related discipline; an advanced degree is desired.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience working in California; private environmental consulting firm experience is a plus
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead a large, multi-disciplinary team
- Strong schedule and budget management abilities
- Ability to travel as projects require
- Strong client relations
- Problem Solver - Results-Oriented
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is an award-winning leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California and is recognized as a ‘Best Environmental Services Firm to Work For’ by the Zweig Group. We partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, sustainability, climate change, oil and gas, water, commercial, private development, and government. Our 400+ associates in 13 offices located in Northern, Central and Southern California are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $84,000-$126,000, plus benefits and bonus. At Rincon, our salary ranges are based on market median of similar jobs, according to third party salary benchmark surveys. The base pay that is actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Total Rewards Package* Includes:
- HMO, PPO, HDHP, Health Savings Account options
- Three Weeks Vacation accrued in the first year
- 401(k) / Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
- 2x/Year Bonus Opportunities
- Paid Sick Leave
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
- Employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Dental, vision, prescription drug
- Supplemental life insurance
- Volunteer Pay for a Day
- Legal Shield, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance
- Professional Development
- Patagonia Merchandise Partnership
- And much more!
*All programs subject to review and change and are provided for regular, full-time employees scheduled to work 30+ hours per week
Rincon Consultants, Inc does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.