Finn Partners’ Purpose practice works with a broad range of corporations, nonprofits, associations, and government agencies to raise awareness for major social and environmental causes and manage issues related to corporate sustainability priorities. Our campaigns on the digital divide, diversity & inclusion, sustainability, ESG, women’s economic empowerment, LGBTQ+ rights, mental health, caregiver support, and health & wellness, have strengthened our clients’ reputations and elevated the voices of those on the frontlines. We support a range of corporate imperatives around climate change, food security, waste reduction and more.. We are a hands-on group of creative, strategic thinkers who are ultimately rewarded by the impactful work we accomplish with our clients.
FINN Partners is the fastest growing integrated marketing agency in the United States. We offer a collaborative, non-hierarchical environment, and an opportunity to grow, learn and contribute.
This VP role is a full-time position split between the NY-based CSR team and the DC-based corporate sustainability team. The position will be based out of FINN’s Washington, D.C. office. The sustainability team operates on a hybrid work schedule, 3 days in the office. (see www.finnpartners.com website for Finn Partners USA office locations).
· This position in the Finn Partners’ Purpose practice provides an opportunity to work on sustainability campaigns for major corporations, non-profits, and global foundations and advance environmental initiatives through integrated communications and marketing
· Lead the execution of integrated and successful ESG reporting and sustainability public relations campaigns/programs that exceed client goals
· Maintain clear and consistent communications; provide proper direction and counsel; and offer problem-solving solutions to clients
· Develop and grow senior client relationships
· Build thought leadership platforms for C-Suite executives; developing narratives, booking speaking engagements, generating top-tier earned media
· Review and develop press materials, including but not limited to press releases, pitches, media advisories, key messages, Q&As, and executive remarks
· Develop overall communications media strategy for clients; develop workplans and be engaged in delegating tasks but also executing when senior team members are needed; manage profitability and financial aspects of accounts
· Utilize excellent contacts to secure consistent media coverage across a wide range of sustainability, business, environmental trade, consumer, and news publications
· Establish new media contacts to expand reach across print, online, TV, social, radio and podcasts
· Maintain solid understanding of CSR and broader sustainability landscape; develop opportunistic client storyline recommendations and communication strategy surrounding them
· Generate new business opportunities and secure new CSR clients; lead in the development of new business proposals and participate in new business presentations; develop RFPs that showcase our unique capabilities and proven results
· Lead internal teams, provide direction and drive the growth for junior team members; provide proper feedback and guidance; motivate to be creative and achieve excellent results.
· Bachelor's degree required. MBA or post-graduate degree a plus
· 6 to 10 years sustainability/environmental PR experience, preferably working with clients in corporate communications, NGOs, international organizations or nonprofits
· Proven history of leading team and driving results
· Exceptional media relations with many top-tier national and trade outlets; proven history of media placements and established contacts
· Ability to develop and execute successful media relations programs
· Excellent writing and editing skills (familiar with AP style).
· Strong communications skills, project management capabilities and proven problem-solving ability
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines
· Effectively work as part of a team, share information freely and support the common goals of the group. A true team player.
· Detail-oriented, organized, hardworking, flexible, thorough.
Please upload your resume, upload your cover letter detailing your leadership experience in public relations agencies / sustainability practices, and indicate your desired salary in $USD.
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.
Finn Partners was named “Best Midsize Agency” in 2020 and in 2015, "Best Agency to Work For" in 2013 and "Best New Agency" in 2012 by the industry's Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has over 500 employees, with offices in Chicago, Boston, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington D.C., and has additional international capabilities through its own global network and PROI Worldwide. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners. While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest
ABOUT OUR CSR & SOCIAL IMPACT TEAM
Our campaigns in mental health, STEM education and digital inclusion, the environment and sustainability, women’s economic empowerment, truancy reduction, and public health, military veterans’ issues, and ending domestic violence and sexual assault, among other areas, have strengthened our clients’ thought leader positioning on these issues and have lifted the voices of those who are on the margins of our society. More importantly, it has led to real, tangible social impact in the variety of sectors in which we have worked.