Hiring now to work remotely!
Primary responsibilities include management and oversight of air quality and greenhouse gas emissions technical reports as well as inventories and mitigation, climate action planning and health risk assessments to support CEQA and sustainability practices.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the current regulatory and technical air quality and climate change environment. They will coordinate with clients, key regulatory agencies, and internal and external technical staff to develop sound and novel approaches and solutions for environmental compliance, environmental documents, and supporting technical analyses.
- Provide technical direction in air quality planning and compliance, ranging from strategic advice to tactical solutions
- Provide training and peer review for junior-level staff
- Research and interpret air quality and climate change legislation and policy
- Solve quantitative and qualitative problems
- Conduct presentations on technical topics for clients and internal staff
- Interact with clients
- Support business development efforts by consistently generating new ideas, leveraging resources, and identifying new business opportunities
- In the first 30 days, demonstrate a clear understanding of the company services, operating procedures and core values.
- Within 60 days demonstrate knowledge of existing clients and identify new markets
- Within three months, conduct one “Lunch & Learn” (internal)
- Each year, meet or exceed annual contract award goal of $400,000.
- Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in Environmental or other Earth Sciences, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Atmospheric Science/Meteorology, Chemistry, Physics, or related subjects
- Minimum of seven years of experience preparing climate action plans, greenhouse gas inventories, air quality and climate change impact analyses pursuant to CEQA/NEPA
- Experience preparing health risk assessments
- Experience with transportation projects and/or large program-level documents in California
- Understanding of Caltrans, FHWA, FTA, and EPA environmental practice and requirements
- Advanced knowledge, understanding and experience with air quality and climate change computer modeling software and methods (EMFAC, CT-EMFAC, CalEEMod, CALINE-4, AERMOD, HARP, CAL3QHCR, ISCST3, OFFROAD, MOVES, AP-42)
- Advanced knowledge, understanding, and experience with state and federal air quality and climate change environmental case law, policy, and regulation (CEQA, NEPA, AB 32, SB 32, Clean Air Act, General and Transportation Conformity)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Strong quantitative skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethic
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, medical, 401k, and a collaborative work environment. These are our core values:
- We do what we say we’re going to do.
- We work together collaboratively.
- We talk out problems.
- We respect each other.
- We are curious about ideas.
- We provide tools to succeed.