SC&A Inc., a small employee-owned business that provides environmental and energy consulting services to public and private clients, is looking for an experienced full-time engineer, scientist, or geologist with experience in the environmental and climate change field. SC&A has offices in Arlington, VA; Chapel Hill, NC; and Germantown, MD. The position could be based in any of these locations or could be based anywhere in the United States and work remotely. This position may require travel across the U.S.
The candidate will primarily work to identify orphaned oil and natural gas wells that are emitting methane and contributing to climate change issues and assist in the process to eliminate these emissions. These investigations will include identifying the location of orphaned wells, obtaining information from state and federal agencies related to the wells, and assisting with NEPA compliance activities. The work may also include performing site visits to evaluate well characteristics well plugging inspections. The candidate may also assist with federal air quality rulemaking activities for the oil and natural gas industry.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in petroleum/chemical/environmental engineering, science, or geology. Five years of experience.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $140,000 commensurate with education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to prepare high-quality written materials.
- A motivated self-starter who is comfortable working and learning independently but also enjoys collaborating with colleagues and clients.
- Knowledge of the oil and natural gas industry, specifically well operations and upstream processes in the production segment.
- Familiarity with NEPA processes.
- Familiarity with OGI to detect leaks and releases of methane.
- Familiarity with the plugging and abandonment of oil and natural gas wells.
- GPS experience.
- Familiarity with hydrogen sulfide and other safety protocols related to work around oil and natural gas well sites.
SC&A, Inc. requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. SC&A, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodation to those with a medical condition, disability or a sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from receiving a vaccine so long as it does not create an undue hardship for SC&A, Inc. and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
SC&A does not accept third-party applications or agency inquiries. Phone calls are not accepted for any position. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. SC&A maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law. Candidates are required to pass a background screening prior to employment.