Sr. Executive Renewables Transmission Markets Director - REMOTE
Primary Technology: Energy Storage
Grade Level: Director to VP level
Locations: FULLY REMOTE (Anywhere in the USA)
This an opportunity to join an industry leading renewable energy venture with
strong private equity backing that is focused on the development and execution of dynamic utility-scale energy storage projects. They are at the forefront of the industry, have accumulated over 8GW of projects
in a relatively short period of time, and are currently in an accelerated expansion phase which includes the addition of an Executive Energy Storage Power Market Fundamentals Leader.
This is a Director to Exec level role that works with the COO on driving the continued growth of the company's power market fundamental analytics platform and project development strategy. It will take on Commercial Leadership & Technical Team Management functions to support an aggressively growing nationwide battery storage portfolio.
This requires a strong foundation of technical expertise in market fundamentals (at the Zonal and Nodal levels), LMP, as well as production cost modeling processes and the ability to translate analysis into commercial strategy that is then delivered to C-Suite / Investor level stakeholders.
These operational assessments that are the crux of the portfolio's success and will tie into build-out/utilization of a proprietary Energy Storage Management Tech Platform for utility-scale renewable projects. Fast paced work culture built for growth.
They are committed to creating more renewable infrastructure solutions for the grid and are offering comprehensive compensation packages that include forecasted long term incentives to their employees leading the drive to meet company goals. Other perks included a competitive base salary, open PTO policy, flex work hours, health benefits, the opportunity to work with a transparent Executive Leadership Team..and more.
- Sr. Executive Renewables Transmission Markets Director - Leads a Power Market Fundamentals Department that includes (Sr. Managers and Director level staff) in production cost modeling and analysis of transmission renewable industry patterns in AURORA, PLEXOS, PROMOD, GRIDVIEW, or UPLAN to predict short/long term electricity prices and drive greenfield renewable project development siting initiatives
- Sr. Executive Renewables Transmission Markets Director - Creates forward thinking revenue forecast by driving data synthesis and internal partnering to deliver clear, timely and defensible market, zonal and nodal scenarios and recommendations to internal decision makers including the Leadership Team.
- Sr. Executive Renewables Transmission Markets Director - Development and implementation of tools for tracking industry metrics, transmission plans, and generation patterns
- Sr. Executive Renewables Transmission Markets Director - Takes ownership of organizational commercial energy market fundamental views (short-term and long-term) including regulatory policy consideration across all ISO/RTOS in the United States
- Sr. Executive Renewables Transmission Markets Director - Works cross functionally with Department Heads (Project Development, Origination, Policy, and Project Finance) and Executive Leaders (CEO, COO, President) across the organization to drive market analytic assessments as well as business development initiatives
- Corporate strategic and team energy market fundamentals leadership experience for utility-scale renewable energy developers
- Experience leading the management of Zonal, Nodal, and Capacity Expansion plans as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) with a proven ability provide guidance on the battery storage proposition value across ISO/RTOS nationwide
- Experience translating technical analysis into digestible presentations for commercial leaders and investment partners
- 10+ Years transmission power market experience focused on production cost modeling, economic planning, or transmission market operations experience with at least 5 years in Organizational Leadership / Team Leadership roles
- AURORA power market modelling experience is ideal but similar programs like PROMOD, PLEXOS, GridView, and UPLAN will also be considered
- Must have experience with various types of analysis - capacity prices, regional energy pricing, congestion and curtailment analysis, transmission constraints, interconnection assessments, LMPs, and/or regional supply and demand curves
- Must have an understanding of national energy markets and renewable energy portfolios (PJM, ERCOT, SPP, MISO, NYISO, ISO-NE, and CAISO)
- Experience overseeing data automation in Excel, VBA, SQL, Python, MATLAB; Data Visualization experience in tools like PowerBI are HUGE PLUS