Dukosi is a cutting-edge technology company developing innovative solutions for monitoring of lithium-ion batteries. The technology has applications in mobility (electric vehicles, buses, marine) and energy storage (renewables and grid applications). We are fast-moving with a close-knit team from multiple disciplines. We pride ourselves on building the company around its employees.
We are currently looking for a Field Application Engineer to join our growing team. You should have a degree in Electronics, Computer or Electrical Engineering (or similar relevant subject) and at least 5 years industry experience with significant customer and field application involvement.
This exciting opportunity will allow you to play a key role in developing relationships with customers utilizing Dukosi’s unique cell-based battery intelligence solution. Dukosi’s approach is cell-type agnostic and simplifies the architecture, control and safety of the BMS (Battery Management System), battery modules and packs by communicating using Dukosi’s patented near-field communications.
You will need to be a good communicator, able to work and learn within a multi-disciplinary engineering-oriented team with a strong desire to support and deliver on the growth ambitions of the company. In return, Dukosi will provide you with wide strategic challenges and a huge opportunity for innovation and creativity.
Dukosi is very keen for all employees to continue their learning and career development. You will be part of a team innovating in an application area and market segment that will see enormous growth over the next 10-15 years. So, this is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience with this technology and the leading-edge products it will serve.
Salary commensurate to direct work experience and qualifications.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide detailed technical support to customers during their Dukosi solution assessment phase right through production design-in. This includes hardware, software and mechanical integration. Support will be both on-site and remote (virtual).
- Work closely with the Applications Team to ensure that customer needs are clearly communicated and understood keeping expectations and delivery requests on track.
- Be the voice of the customer during internal meetings.
- Delivering technical training to the customer will be a key responsibility. Always be looking at new approaches to training material and delivery to help win business and enable customers to become self-sufficient due to ease of working with Dukosi technology over time.
- Support the benchmarking of competing products, through analysis and testing of physical hardware and analysis of datasheets and product documents.
- Keep track of progress on internal and customer experimentation and related work through documentation. Organize documentation to keep accurate records and track items using Dukosi IT tools (like Confluence).
- Balance the expectations of the customer with the capabilities of the Dukosi organization; utilize the Dukosi Customer-facing organization to ensure that follow-ups and commitments to customers are met. Collaborate cross-functionally with the Dukosi team to achieve this balance.
- Work with Marketing & Sales to support new opportunities, trade shows, conferences and demo development and support in maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Foster a safe and attractive work environment.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Degree in Electronics, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience with significant customer and field application involvement.
- Deep technical understanding of electronic systems and requirements, correlating norms & processes.
- Technical understanding of microelectronics.
- Basic technical understanding of battery management technology, lithium-ion cells, and battery pack architectures.
- Ability to visit a customer site for configuring, testing, and debugging Dukosi products and systems.
- Proven ability to maintain a personal network with customers and understand a customer decision making unit (DMU).
- Possess a high level of expertise with parametric monitoring (temperature, voltage, current) and experienced with the use of multi-meters, oscilloscopes and embedded communication tools (like CANalyzer or BUSmaster).
- Experience working independently and with a customer team to setup and verify functionality of Dukosi development systems and be able to execute command line instructions using Dukosi proprietary software interfaces.
- Able to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Proficient in hands-on debugging of PCBA hardware and software related topics, and experience with calibration in the field.
- Near field communication experience is a plus.
- RF and / or automotive experience is a bonus
- Python programming language understanding is a plus.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication and customer presentation skills.
- Proficient in processing data and creating graphs in Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in creating documentation in Word and presentations in PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand customer development processes, stages and gates.
- Basic to intermediate soldering skills.
- A drive to deliver excellence at all times.
- Direct reporting to Country Manger Dukosi Korea.
- Dotted line reporting to Director of Applications Engineering, Dukosi Ltd. (UK).
- No direct reports.