Synagro partners with stakeholders to clean our water, protect our environment and serve our communities by generating worth from what others consider waste. We work to protect the health of our water, our Earth and those who depend on them now and in the future. Synagro takes pride in having zero layoffs during the pandemic and the business continues to thrive during difficult times.
What good is a job without great benefits to reward your hard work? Here are some highlights of what Synagro has to offer:
- 15 days paid time off
- 10 Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision (within 30 days of hire)
- Health Saving Account (HSA) with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401(k) with company match (fully vested upon hire)
- Career growth and promotional opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
Perform corrective, emergency, and preventative mechanical maintenance throughout the plant in order to ensure safe and efficient working environments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Apply to all regulations that provide safe, reliable, and cost effective operation of the plant to meet processing, permit, and other applicable requirements
2. Perform preventative, corrective and emergency mechanical maintenance on all equipment throughout the plant under the direction of the Plant Manager such as welding, piping and refurbish equipment.
3. Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical malfunctions throughout the plant which includes documenting problem and resolution as well as reporting all problems and resolutions of mechanical malfunctions to the Plant Manager
4. Perform fire guard duty as well as confined space watch
5. Participate and complete training programs within the time frame allotted
6. Perform any general work or other assignments necessary to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the facility to include sweeping, shoveling, and other housekeeping activities
7. Maintain work tools and ensure work tools are put in appropriate secure place after using
8. Demonstrate safe behaviors at all times and to perform their job in a safe manner
1. Ability to weld, fit pipe, refurbish equipment, set and align rotating equipment in addition to cutting and rigging techniques
2. Ability to wire and unwire motors and perform zero energy check with a multi meter
3. Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the workplace and display proper judgment in responding to them
4. Ability to operate powered equipment and tools in a safe and efficient manner while on ground surface as well as at heights
5. Ability to work in a safe manner, recognizing occupational hazards, and thorough knowledge and understanding of plant fire protection apparatus and systems and ability to operate all fire protection equipment
6. Able to work varying shifts, overtime, holidays, on call duty and emergency call-ins
7. Communication skills – verbal and written
8. Ability to operate a computer
1. Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. Mechanical experience with heavy trucks, trailers, equipment, pipe fitting and rebuilding equipment
3. Experience with computerized maintenance programs (FIXX) or similar PM system preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Fingering, Feeling, Grasping, Climbing, and Lifting up to 100lbs
2. The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
3. The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
4. The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to bio-solids.
5. The worker is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of extremities or whole body.
6. The workers frequently is in close quarters, crawl space, shafts, manholes, small, enclosed rooms, small sewage and water line pipes, and other areas which could cause claustrophobia.
Salary Range: $25.00- $30.00 per hour (commensurate with experience)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and physical or working conditions associated with a position.
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.