Amogy is a technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation using ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future.
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for a manager to lead our engineering team for product reliability, safety, and certifications. In this role, you will build a team of about 12 engineers responsible for hardware-in-the-loop testing, product verification and validation testing, safety analysis, and workflows for 3rd party endorsements and certifications. Candidates should have a proven track-record of applying engineering principles to product design and developing junior engineers into productive contributors and senior engineers into effective project leaders.
- Build a new team of talented engineers responsible for analyzing and testing the reliability, safety, and durability of the product as well as obtaining 3rd party certifications.
- Provide day-to-day technical direction, coaching, and training to team members to ensure projects are adequately resourced, completed on-time, and meet technical requirements.
- Implement career development plans for the long-term technical and professional growth of the team.
- Be accountable for the technical quality of work produced by the team.
- Establish and drive team adherence to engineering best practices and work processes.
- Promote collaboration across teams and departments within Amogy.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- BS/MS with 10+ years of work experience in a relevant engineering field pertaining to hardware productization (e.g., mechanical, chemical, electrical, or computer science)
- 2+ years of prior experience managing engineering teams.
- Deep understanding of industry and governmental codes and standards pertaining to deployment of heavy duty transportation technologies.
- Experience with safety analysis frameworks for transportation systems or chemical processes (e.g., PHA, FMECA, HAZID/HAZOP, and LOPA).
- Experience with development of safety instrumented systems (IEC 61511 and IEC 61508).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with control software development, MIL/HIL testing, and product validation and verification.
- Experience developing technologies for the aerospace, automotive, or maritime industries.
- Experience with fuel cells, high-temperature chemical reactors, or combustion devices.
- Experience obtaining type approvals on products from ship classification societies.
By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green mobility, and its economy. If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
At Amogy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, unlimited PTO, and 401k with a company match, and more.
At Amogy, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements in the country where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.