Interested in joining a growing company where you will work with talented colleagues, enhance a supportive and energetic culture, and be part of the climate solution? At Energy Solutions, we focus on the big impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon and water-use savings. For 28 years, we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
We are looking for a Tax Administrator with an analytical mind and superior organizational skills to provide overall support to the Finance department by managing all tax and legal compliance responsibilities assigned to you. You should be organized, tenacious, proactive, have good communication skills, and the ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collect, sort, and scan mail from government entities.
- Liaise with external law firm, insurance brokers, and payroll company to ensure we are in legal compliance for the states we do business in.
- Perform and carry out Nexus study to ensure continual compliance as the company continues to grow.
- Transmit tax rate updates to payroll company.
- Track and maintain company access to various government websites.
- Track and maintain tax liabilities for income tax, payroll tax, business tax.
- Provide certificates of insurance to various governments as requested.
- Ensure timely payment of all tax bills owed to local, state, and federal agencies.
- Complete company census studies requested by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Manage annual 1099 reporting.
- Assist with Contracts team on tax matters as needed.
- Enter accounting entries to expense payments made to tax authorities and to record accrual for tax liabilities.
- Any other finance department duties assigned by supervisor.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, business management, or relevant field required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in tax, accounting, administration, or a related field
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Salary DOE: $60 - $75k/Annually
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including a generous retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To see this and other openings please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/.
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check; drug screens are required and authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is a precondition of employment. Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer