Freedom Solar Power is the tenth-largest solar installer in the U.S. Founded in Austin in 2007, we now serve Texas, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia! Our residential and commercial solar reputation is based on our dedication to quality and service. At Freedom Solar Power, our mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, and reliable energy from the sun. We take great pride in living by these 6 core values every day:
Pride in Quality Craftsmanship
Go Above and Beyond
Put People First
Have a Humble Heart
Give a Damn
Freedom Solar Power is looking for a professional and detailed oriented Solar Monitoring and Warranty Specialist to join our team. This role will be responsible for troubleshooting and customer service duties as it pertains to the production monitoring of solar installations. The ideal candidate will assist with determining the root cause of monitoring errors, evaluating production data, and proactively determining when systems are not performing to contracted system specifications.
- Confirm monitoring is reporting correctly on all new FSP projects.
- Create and configure monitoring portals for customer solar systems in appropriate manufacturer software (Solar Edge, Sunpower, and Enphase) as needed for the Service Department.
- Provide monitoring, field technician, and customer support as needed.
- Communication and collaboration with our Sales, Installation, and Technical teams.
- Communication with customers in regard to monitoring alerts, production concerns, and remote support for repair, maintenance, and testing activities.
- Locate serial numbers and register warranties to the Sunpower site.
- Confirm warranty is uploaded to sunrise and troubleshoot any issues experienced.
- Coordinate directly with SunPower on any issues for monitoring and warranty issues.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a solar field.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to multitask in various systems at once.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with SolarEdge Portal, Sunpower Portal, or Enphase Portal is highly preferred.
- Experience with failure analysis/diagnosis and the processes used to facilitate them.
- Previous troubleshooting experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detailed orientated.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Workplace.
- Professional demeanor.
Freedom Solar Power recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, upward mobility, and exciting fast-paced culture. For this reason, we offer a growing Benefit Plan that includes the following:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
100% Company-Sponsored Short-Term Disability
401(k) Employer Matching
Weekly Pay Dates
3 Weeks PTO
8 Paid Holidays
Team Building Events!
Upward mobility Opportunities!