Freedom Solar Power is the tenth-largest solar installer in the U.S. Founded in Austin in 2007, we now serve Texas, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia! Our residential and commercial solar reputation is based on our dedication to quality and service. At Freedom Solar Power, our mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, and reliable energy from the sun. We take great pride in living by these 6 core values every day:
Pride in Quality Craftsmanship
Go Above and Beyond
Put People First
Have a Humble Heart
Give a Damn
Freedom Solar Power is looking for a Solar Quality and Training Engineer. You will be responsible for inspecting and ensuring that Freedom Solar Power LLC is meeting established standards and that all installations meet or exceed all jurisdiction requirements. You will be required to work both outside in the elements and in an office setting.
- Reviewing past failed inspections and verifying that the installation meets or exceeds all jurisdiction requirements.
- Assisting with interviewing technicians and providing testing to ensure they have the experience they claim.
- Developing curricula and new training programs based on the company's and industry's needs.
- Defining new training programs based on the company's and industry's needs.
- Measuring and improving processes and training programs using strong analytical skills.
- Managing tasks outside the normal job scope with a positive, collaborative attitude toward internal and external customers.
- Providing feedback to teams for process improvement.
- Review job photos or scorecards to ensure quality meets or exceeds Freedom Solar Power standards.
- Must be available to travel up to 10% of the time and with the need for some overnight trips.
- Solar industry background.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of current solar industry best practices.
- Proven history of teaching in a classroom setting and developing solar technician-related curricula.
- A strong ability to define new training programs based on the needs of the company and industry.
- Strong analytics and an ability to instrument, measure, and improve processes and training programs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and execution skills.
- Strong project and program management skills.
- Willingness to manage tasks outside normal job scope.
- Demonstrates a positive, collaborative attitude toward internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of the NEC.
- Experience with reviewing job photos or scorecarding.
Freedom Solar Power recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, upward mobility, and exciting fast-paced culture. For this reason, we offer a growing Benefit Plan that includes the following:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
100% Company-Sponsored Short-Term Disability
401(k) Employer Matching
Weekly Pay Dates
3 Weeks PTO
8 Paid Holidays
Team Building Events!
Upward mobility Opportunities!