WRI Indonesia aims to accelerate the transition to a clean energy future through innovative solutions in clean energy governance and the market mechanism that is transparent, inclusive, and fair. We bring together stakeholders from national and sub-national governments, business sectors, and civil society to achieve our shared goals.
In achieving our goal, we focus our work on various projects and research platforms which covers different topics, such as public-private collaboration on renewable energy, energy access, renewable energy financing, electric vehicles, and air pollution from industrial activities. Each of these programs is approached through a combination of empirically driven research and on-the-ground action.
WRI Indonesia seeks an intern to support our project management and technical assistance activities under the energy program.
General Internship Roles
The intern will support our ongoing research by conducting desk research and analyzing data, in relevance to decarbonization and energy transition at the industrial level. This includes research and analysis on several topics, such as clean heat and renewable electricity. The intern will support our engagement activities and will be involved in developing the materials for engagement needs. One of the projects that the intern will specifically assist with is the Clean Energy Investment Accelerator (CEIA) initiative, which works very closely to advocate and enable energy transition and decarbonization for Indonesia’s industries. The intern will also have the opportunity to work with other WRI Indonesia programs on cross-cutting issues during the internship period.
Internships at WRI Indonesia are learning experiences designed for anyone interested in gaining knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually driven candidates with enthusiasm for sustainability and development. The internship program will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia, with the working arrangement of remote working and face-to-face meetings as necessary, with the internal team and/or with stakeholders.
What You Will Learn
The intern will gain experience in the following areas:
- Learning experience and exposure to various energy-related topics, such as energy transition, renewable energy, and decarbonization.
- Developing research skills and applying findings to energy program strategic planning and research:
- Involvement in policy and regulatory analysis on energy and power sector
- Involvement in research within the topic of industrial decarbonization and energy transition
- Involvement in event planning and execution, data collection and processing, and project development, as necessary.
- Developing engagement skills and applying them to support energy projects
- Involvement and gain insights on engagement strategy with key energy stakeholders, such as government, private sector, etc.
- Develop materials for engagement activities and events
- Assist with meetings and other external communication tasks
What You Will Need
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Fundamental level of project management skills
- Experience with research and familiarity with data analysis is preferred
- Knowledge of renewable energy and Indonesia’s energy landscape is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work calmly, efficiently, and enthusiastically under tight deadlines
- Highly responsible, self-motivated
Full-time, Paid internship
What we offer:
- Internship standard wages
- Travel insurance for both domestic and international for any travel duty as assigned by WRI Indonesia
- Access to the WRI global network
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
How to apply: In order to be formally considered, please submit an updated resume and cover letter through WRI career portal
Application close: 1700 (DKI Jakarta local time), 22 March 2023. We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations.
Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has also been awarded EDGE certification.
WRI Indonesiais a national entity (Yayasan) associated with the World Resources Institute (WRI), a global environmental research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. WRI works with various stakeholders in the natural resources sector to support policy and management that are both profitable and sustainable. WRI work with leaders in more than 50 countries for more than 30 years, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, and the United States.
Launched in early 2014, WRI Indonesia builds on WRI’s 10-year history in the country, and strengthens our impact on the ground. In the short-to-medium term, WRI Indonesia aims to expand its presence and portfolio to include projects in the climate, energy, as well as city and transportation programs.