In this role, you will be responsible for developing and managing inventory processes and settings to manage inventory as it is related to Field Service Actions which are used to ensure the quality and safety of Rivian vehicles. You will also help analyze potential lifetime buy of product from suppliers and transfer of excess inventory from our Manufacturing facilities. This position may also manage inventory setting for commodities to support driving optimal inventory levels at the Rivian Distribution Centers while maintain optimal service level to our customers. You will work closely with the Containment Team, Field Service, Service Engineering, Material Planners, Channel Planners, and others to manage inventory needed for Field Service Actions and Lifetime Buys.
Service Inventory Management.
Developing and executing plans for each Field Service Action and Lifetime Buy, regular safety stock and inventory related master data reviews in collaboration with: Demand Planners, Material Planners, Distribution Center Teams, NPI, Containment Teams and other Business Units (potentially including the Adventure Accessory, Charging and Merchandise Business Units).
- Develop and execute inventory plans for each Field Service Action with cross-functional support teams.
- Analyze and plan Lifetime Buys from Suppliers and transfer of excess inventory from Production to Service
- Develop and manage an inventory disposition program to mitigate excess obsolete inventory
- Drive key KPI improvement activities (increasing inventory turns, while reducing excess and obsolescence) while improving customer service levels
- Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve your safety stock and material master data setting processes
- Develop and execute a material level, safety stock process to enable Service and overall company objectives
- Collaborate with sales, demand planning, material planning and other partners to understand overall inventory drivers.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned within the scope of the position.
- 5+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field with emphasis in inventory planning/supply planning
- MS or MBA preferred in related discipline
- Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of inventory planning, and overall supply chain operational process that may impact inventory
- Experience inventory planning within an ERP (SAP preferred)
- Service Part Inventory Planning a plus
- Exceptional data analysis, quick turn analysis, advanced excel
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes
- Ability to stand or sit for 8-10 hours per day
- Required to communicate using telephone, Zoom, Slack, and/or e-mail
Salary Range for California Based Applicants: $121,000 to $139,000 (actual compensation will be determined based on experience, location, and other factors permitted by law).
Benefits Summary: Rivian provides robust medical/Rx, dental and vision insurance packages for full-time employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and children up to age 26. Coverage is effective on the first day of employment, and Rivian covers most of the premiums.