Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Permit Team Lead will execute on a strategic level a variety of activities and programs related to Solar Permitting in the Residential Business Unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of Permit Specialists and be accountable for the Team’s Solar Permitting pipeline, timely and quality completion of deliverables.
- Drive impactful initiatives that will significantly improve customer experience.
- Drive team performance through regular engagement, coaching and mentoring, task delegation for competency and critical skills development, keeping track of individual scorecards.
- Possess in-depth understanding of the permit guidelines, state and local code requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to Permit Specialists who may be new to the job.
- Align the skills of Online and Onsite Permitting Teams.
- Review and approve changes on standard operating procedures.
- Create and utilize reports and dashboards within Salesforce and Qlik Sense for data analytics.
- Proactively notify the Stakeholders and Management of issues, as well as provide solutions and track progress of action plans until issue resolution.
- Close the loop with cross-functional support group.
- Lead discussions with cross-functional groups for process alignment and escalations.
- Comply with company policies and job expectations, drive compliance in the team.
- Be open to change, creative, optimistic, and set the example for team culture.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Management, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Project Management processes and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to communicate effectively and interact within a team environment.
- Analytical skills – ability to analyze data and trends effectively.
- Decision-making skills – ability to assess risks and make informed decisions.
- People management skills – ability to guide, coach, mentor, resolve conflict, manage team performance.
- Stakeholder management skills – ability to organize, coordinate, improve relational interactions with stakeholders.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for working hours.
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable method.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
- Location: ROHQ
- This is an FTE position
- Candidate must be willing to work in Biñan, Laguna.
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the Philippines.
- Candidate must be willing to render overtime as business requires (weekends, US/PH holidays).
- Candidate must be flexible to work on a night shift schedule supporting North America region.
- Candidate will be on flexible work arrangement (combination of onsite and remote work) (if applicable depending on the nature of the job).
- Tool of Trade: Laptop/Desktop, Extended Monitor, Headset (as needed).
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/All Genders/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.