ZeroAvia is the leader in zero-emission solutions for commercial aviation, helping the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight.
The company is focused on hydrogen-electric propulsion solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting a 300-mile range in 9–19 seat aircraft by 2025, and up to a 700-mile range in 40–80 seat aircraft by 2027. Based in the UK and USA, ZeroAvia has passed significant flight test milestones, secured a number of key partnerships with major aircraft OEMs and major global airlines, and is on track for commercial operations in 2025. The company’s achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without climate-impacting emissions but also cheaper to operate. The company’s hydrogen infrastructure team is seeking to deliver the hydrogen production and refueling ecosystem required to fuel the transition to emission-free aviation.
As a Junior Electronics Test Engineer, you will join an exciting team developing cutting-edge aerospace power electronics. This role will support the development of equipment used to test electronics subassemblies, components, and circuit boards. This position offers an excellent chance to partner with both the engineering and production teams to work on essential systems for ZeroAvia.
- Perform, maintain, and improve acceptance test procedures for PCBAs and electronic components
- Write and test automated scripts for test equipment
- Maintain clear documentation including operating instructions, requirements, and reports
- Troubleshoot and maintain automated test systems for internal and external use
- Document and prototype harnesses for test equipment interfaces
Experience and Qualifications
- 1+ years of electrical engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Exposure to electronics test equipment through work, projects, or internships
- Familiarity with programming electronics test equipment (oscilloscope, DMM, AFG, DAQ, power supplies, switch matrices, etc.)
- Working experience with LabWindows/CVI, NI Software (Veristand, Teststand, LabView)
- Familiarity with common equipment communication interfaces and protocols, such as GPIB, VISA, RS-232, RS-485, and CAN
- Understanding high-voltage power electronics is a plus (DC/DC, DC/AC)
Diversity and Inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pay Transparency Statement
The wage scale or salary range for this position is between $75k-90k. In addition to the foregoing base compensation, additional compensation and benefits are available to employees and eligible family members (as applicable) including the following:
- Bonus: Annual discretionary bonuses.
- Equity: Ability to exercise company stock options
- Retirement: Eligible to participate in the company's 401(k) Plan, with up to a 4% matching
- Health Insurance: Employer covers up to 80% of the employee's monthly premiums on medical, dental, and vision.
- Life Insurance: Basic Life/AD&D of up to $50,000 and the option to add on Supplemental Coverage.
- Short Disability: Up to 60% of your earnings for up to a period of 24 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: If your disability extends beyond 180 days, LTD Coverage for up to 60% of your earnings.
- Paid Time Off: Eligible employees may accrue up to 120 hours per year (15 days) and may borrow up to 40 hours (5 days).
- Sick Time: Eligible employees may accrue up to 40 hours, per year (5 days)
- Paid Holidays: 12 observed holidays, per calendar year.
Please note, among other factors, the compensation offered may vary based on work location, experience, qualifications, specialties, training, and then-current market and business considerations.