Amogy is a well-funded technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation by developing a unique and revolutionary power system that runs on ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining our team, you will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
This role can be located in Brooklyn, NY or Houston, TX.
What You Will Be Doing:
Amogy is seeking a Maritime Business Development Associate to join our Business Development team. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the candidate will apply their commercial experience to shape the future of Amogy.
- Identify, prioritize, and pursue commercial opportunities across the maritime sector in both domestic and international markets through networking, market research, and attending industry events
- Deliver presentations, build strong customer relationships, and develop strategic partnerships with leading players in the maritime sector
- Support senior Business Development staff by preparing presentation materials and drafting proposals
- Support account management using CRM tool
- Leverage understanding of technology, markets, and decarbonization incentives to identify and evaluate new business prospects
- Support the complete sales cycle by working closely with the strategy, engineering, and project management teams
- Work collaboratively with the strategy, product development, and project management teams to understand the technology, inform the future product development
The minimum requirements we seek:
- 4-6 years of experience in business development, sales, consulting, or other client-facing roles, preferably in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years experience in the maritime sector, preferably in hardware. Experience with energy systems, engines, or low-carbon fuels is an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability to convey complicated commercial and technical concepts in a comprehensible manner
- Strong track record of identifying and developing new business prospects
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit with high tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to travel up to 30% including conference attendance and visits to client sites
- A bachelor’s degree
The salary pay range for this position is $85,700 – $115,660. The salary pay range is applicable to positions physically based in New York City. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, job experience and physical location.
If this sounds like a role that will excite you, and you see yourself in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where you are learning and collaborating cross-functionally, we want to talk to you!
At Amogy, our priority is to ensure that every team member feels valued and supported. We believe putting wellness first supports a full, holistic, and happier life. We support that by offering benefits that cover you and your family such as: medical, dental, vision insurances, unlimited PTO, and 401k with a company match, and more.
At Amogy, we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. Amogy is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements in the country where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Amogy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. If you receive an offer of employment from Amogy, you will need to go through the E-Verify process of digital verification of your employment authorization documents as provided on the Form I-9. Participation in E-Verify does not limit your right to work and verification will only be completed after you become an employee with Amogy.