Freedom Solar Power is the tenth-largest solar installer in the U.S. Founded in Austin in 2007, we now serve Texas, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia! Our residential and commercial solar reputation is based on our dedication to quality and service. At Freedom Solar Power, our mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, and reliable energy from the sun. We take great pride in living by these 6 core values every day:
Pride in Quality Craftsmanship
Go Above and Beyond
Put People First
Have a Humble Heart
Give a Damn
Freedom Solar Power is looking for an Inspection Coordinator to play a crucial role on the operations team as the primary inspection contact for the various AHJs and 3rd parties that inspect our solar installations. The Inspections Coordinator is also the primary resource for resolving post-install items that must be completed prior to project closeouts, such as monitoring the troubleshooting, repairs, and aesthetic improvements.
- Attending, facilitating, and documenting municipal and electrical utility inspections.
- Processing corrections to achieve a passing grade on inspections.
- Maintaining and repairing residential solar equipment and wiring.
- Troubleshooting solar monitoring systems: eGauge, Enphase, Envoy, Solaredge Gateway Zigbee, Tesla, Sunpower, and all associated wifi and radio technologies.
- Supporting the installation of MDP upgrades, Tesla battery backup systems, and Tesla EV chargers.
- Supporting electrical solar rough-ins.
- Supporting residential solar installation teams.
- Completing post solar install punch list items.
- Assist other departments and duties as directed.
- Residential Wireman or Journeyman Electrical license preferred (depending on the state).
- Strong knowledge of the NEC and local AHJ Requirements.
- 3+ years of residential electrical or solar installation experience.
- NABCEP Installer or Certificate of knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Must be 21 years old, have a valid Driver’s License, and clean MVR to be approved to drive company vehicles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches, layouts, and wiring diagrams.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, and process-oriented.
- Must be able to learn quickly and work well in a team environment.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to withstand heights, be on roofs, in attics, and climb ladders.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout the assigned workday.
- Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work outside in various temperatures such as 100-degree plus heat and below 30-degree cold weather.
Pay Range: $28.00 - 40.00/hr
Freedom Solar Power recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, upward mobility, and exciting fast-paced culture. For this reason, we offer a growing Benefit Plan that includes the following:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
100% Company-Sponsored Short-Term Disability
401(k) Employer Matching
Weekly Pay Dates
3 Weeks PTO
8 Paid Holidays
Team Building Events!
Upward mobility Opportunities!