Freedom Solar Power is the tenth-largest solar installer in the U.S. Founded in Austin in 2007, we now serve Texas, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia! Our residential and commercial solar reputation is based on our dedication to quality and service. At Freedom Solar Power, our mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, and reliable energy from the sun. We take great pride in living by these 6 core values every day:
Pride in Quality Craftsmanship
Go Above and Beyond
Put People First
Have a Humble Heart
Give a Damn
We are looking for an organized and detailed oriented Permitting Specialist to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all permit submissions for various jurisdictions including compiling permit packets, completing permit applications, determining the necessary permit for different municipalities, and communicating with involved parities on permit status to minimize any delays.
- Filing building and electrical permits within Freedom Solar selling market jurisdictions
- Tracking and submitting payments/receipts to Accounting
- Working with Customer Support team in providing details updates on project status
- Communicating with city/county agencies to obtain status information and permitting approvals.
- Ensuring timely processing of plans, permit, and application to various jurisdictions for requires reviews and approvals.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Permitting Manager.
- 1-2 years of Permit Coordinator experience strongly preferred.
- Prior solar/construction experience strongly preferred.
- Must have Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly detailed orientated
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Professional demeanor
$55,000 - $55,000 a year
Freedom Solar Power recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, upward mobility, and exciting fast-paced culture. For this reason, we offer a growing Benefit Plan that includes the following:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
100% Company-Sponsored Short-Term Disability
401(k) Employer Matching
Weekly Pay Dates
3 Weeks PTO
8 Paid Holidays
Team Building Events!
Upward mobility Opportunities!