Freedom Solar Power is the tenth-largest solar installer in the U.S. Founded in Austin in 2007, we now serve Texas, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia! Our residential and commercial solar reputation is based on our dedication to quality and service. At Freedom Solar Power, our mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, and reliable energy from the sun. We take great pride in living by these 6 core values every day:
Pride in Quality Craftsmanship
Go Above and Beyond
Put People First
Have a Humble Heart
Give a Damn
Freedom Solar Power is looking for a full-time Solar Electrician to join our team. The Electrician will install, maintain, and repair services for residential solar equipment as well as complete main system upgrades. As an Electrician, you should be a quick learner, a self-starter, can work in both an autonomous and team environment, and has top-notch customer service skills. This position comes with access to your company truck and all electrical jobs are local!
- Install electrical equipment/circuits, complete DC conduit runs, and interconnect the PV system to the existing service.
- Upgrade customer electrical service when necessary. Panel swap, bus upgrade, install new riser and meter base, add external disconnect, and assess the existing services for code compliance.
- System testing – Voltage, amperage, and power tests for each system.
- Complete commissioning and inspection checklists.
- Follow and enforce safety procedures and protocols.
- Support service work orders as needed.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by management.
- Valid Residential Wireman, Journeyman Electrician, or Master Electrician license required (depending on the state).
- Valid driver’s license required; ability to travel.
- 5+ years of electrical experience; 2 years of solar electrical experience preferred.
- Experience using hand and power tools.
- Ability to read electrical blueprints.
- Experienced with Tesla Powerwall’s a strong plus!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and service requirements
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and basic one-line diagrams
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to operate power tools
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems with electrical circuits
- Ability to bend ½” – 1 ¼” EMT
- Ability to install EMT on a 1 to 3-story rooftop that is 10 to 53-degree pitch
- Ability to withstand heights, be on roofs, and climb ladders
- Ability to lift 50-75+ lbs routinely
- Ability to bend, stretch, squat, and lift
- Ability to work in 30-100+ degree weather, as well as in wet and dry conditions
Freedom Solar Power recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, upward mobility, and exciting fast-paced culture. For this reason, we offer a growing Benefit Plan that includes the following:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
100% Company-Sponsored Short-Term Disability
401(k) Employer Matching
Weekly Pay Dates
3 Weeks PTO
8 Paid Holidays
Team Building Events!
Upward mobility Opportunities!