Freedom Solar Power is the tenth-largest solar installer in the U.S. Founded in Austin in 2007, we now serve Texas, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia! Our residential and commercial solar reputation is based on our dedication to quality and service. At Freedom Solar Power, our mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, and reliable energy from the sun. We take great pride in living by these 6 core values every day:
Pride in Quality Craftsmanship
Go Above and Beyond
Put People First
Have a Humble Heart
Give a Damn
Freedom Solar Power is looking for a Crew Lead Solar Installer to join our team of residential solar installers. The Crew Lead is responsible for overseeing a team of solar installers who are responsible for installing solar systems from 1kW – to 30kW. This advanced installer position requires the ideal candidate to have strong communication and organizational skills. This position comes with exceptional pay and benefits! Freedom Solar pays hourly wage with a bonus for module pay! This is a fantastic position for someone with prior solar installation experience to advance their career to the next level!
- Attending safety meetings daily, before any work is performed on-site. Clearly communicate job assignments to crew members.
- Installing racking system per manufacturer's specifications and Freedom Solar Power plans on different roof types.
- Installing DC and AC equipment per plans and local codes Commissions PV systems safely.
- Testing system components while the system is operational. Report all findings/issues to the Project Manager.
- Assisting with system designs and procurement for residential systems.
- Working with city and utility officials to constantly improve the design and install methods.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Regional Operations Manager (ROM).
- 3+ years of prior crew lead experience, strongly preferred
- Valid Driver’s License, required
- OSHA 10 certified, strongly preferred
- Apprentice Electrician license, strongly preferred
- Electrical experience, strongly recommended
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Knowledge of residential PV design and components
- Knowledge of basic trades: roofing, carpentry, plumbing, and metal framing
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, wiring schematics, and electrical instructions
- Ability to make field changes and communicate with the Project Manager
- Ability to test voltages from 10V – 1000VDC / 120V – 480VAC
- Ability to receive and distribute instructions
- Ability to communicate problems to the Project Manager
- Ability to drive a truck and trailer safely
- Ability to withstand heights, be on roofs, and climb ladders
- Ability to lift 50-75+ lbs routinely
- Ability to bend, stretch, squat, and lift
- Ability to work in 30-100+ degree weather, as well as in wet and dry conditions
Freedom Solar Power recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, upward mobility, and exciting fast-paced culture. For this reason, we offer a growing Benefit Plan that includes the following:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
100% Company-Sponsored Short-Term Disability
401(k) Employer Matching
Weekly Pay Dates
3 Weeks PTO
8 Paid Holidays
Team Building Events!
Upward mobility Opportunities!