Freedom Solar Power is the tenth-largest solar installer in the U.S. Founded in Austin in 2007, we now serve Texas, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia! Our residential and commercial solar reputation is based on our dedication to quality and service. At Freedom Solar Power, our mission is to empower everyone to get clean, affordable, and reliable energy from the sun. We take great pride in living by these 6 core values every day:
Pride in Quality Craftsmanship
Go Above and Beyond
Put People First
Have a Humble Heart
Give a Damn
Freedom Solar Power is looking for Solar Installers to join our team! In this role, you will be a part of a crew that is responsible for installing 1kW – 30kW solar systems on residential homes. The ideal installer is hard-working, motivated by meeting goals, and great at working with their hands. This is a great position for someone who has prior construction and/or roofing experience, takes pride in their work, thrives working in a team environment, and enjoys being challenged. This position comes with exceptional pay and benefits, Freedom Solar Power pays hourly wage with a bonus for module pay.
- Attending safety meetings daily, before any work is performed on-site.
- Installing racking system per manufacturer’s specifications and Freedom Solar Power's plans per different residential roof types.
- Installing DC and AC equipment per plans and local codes.
- Commissioning PV systems safely.
- Testing system components while the system is operational.
- Assisting with other duties as assigned by Crew Lead and/or Regional Operations Manager
- A valid Driver’s License and clean MVR are required to drive company vehicles.
- Apprentice Electrical License, preferred
- Valid OSHA 10; (OSHA 30 preferred)
- Residential solar installation experience, required
- Electrical experience, strongly recommended
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Knowledge of residential PV design and components
- Knowledge of basic trades: roofing, carpentry, plumbing, and metal framing
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, wiring schematics, and electrical instructions
- Ability to make field changes and communicate problems with the Project Manager
- Ability to test voltages from 10V – 1000VDC / 120V – 480VAC
- Ability to receive and distribute instructions
- Ability to drive a truck and trailer safely
- Ability to withstand heights, be on roofs, and climb ladders
- Ability to lift 50-75+ lbs routinely
- Ability to bend, stretch, squat, and lift
- Ability to work in 30-100+ degree weather, as well as in wet and dry conditions
Freedom Solar Power recognizes that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, upward mobility, and exciting fast-paced culture. For this reason, we offer a growing Benefit Plan that includes the following:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
100% Company-Sponsored Short-Term Disability
401(k) Employer Matching
Weekly Pay Dates
3 Weeks PTO
8 Paid Holidays
Team Building Events!
Upward mobility Opportunities!