Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
As the Connectivity & OTA Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the Aftersales Service Operations group to maintain multi-cellular and multi-access connectivity for Faraday Future vehicles. This role will manage OTA processing and proactively monitor, triage, and resolve connectivity and over the air (OTA) update issues across Faraday Future vehicles and escalate issues internally and assist in validating new features/integrations resolutions that enable Faraday Future to execute a robust connectivity functionality.
This role has cross-functional partners with service support engineering, testing, and connectivity teams across Faraday Future vehicles.
- Ensure robust OTA connectivity/systems for all Faraday Future’s vehicles is supported across FF’s team
- Assist Service Engineering Team, Manufacturing Engineers, Assembly Line Technicians on Connectivity and OTA testing in related issues
- Acquire and document in-depth troubleshooting technical knowledge of Factory processes for connectivity, cellular, wireless and firmware workflows, hardware, and OTA
- Promptly triage, resolve or escalate connectivity issues from Factory, End of Line, and Pre-Delivery Inspections
- Directly support the connectivity diagnosis of individual vehicles and act as first-level escalation support to resolve a problem given the available diagnostic resources
- Proactively monitor connectivity hardware performance across the fleet, initiating remediation as a primary interface between the engineering and service operations teams
- Investigate, research, and resolve production and pre-production issues and perform Root Cause Analysis to implement in the field
- Deep-dive into vehicle hardware and cellular log data if required to root-cause system-level issues and facilitate rapid issue resolution in collaboration with domain experts
- Work cross-functionally with manufacturing engineering, product management, digital technology, and vehicle engineering to test and validate new integrations/features before releasing them to production
- Responsible for predicting, testing, and validating connectivity solutions end to end in partnership with Faraday Future engineering, vendors, and network operators
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related engineering/technical discipline
- 7+ years working as a field engineer or hardware operations within the IoT, wireless/networking, or connected car industries vehicle
- Understanding integration vehicle-to-cloud infrastructures, impacts to security and software, and dependencies at the working level to facilitate uninterrupted communication
- Strong working knowledge of automotive connectivity systems and communication protocols (Ethernet) and relevant debug tools
- Hands-on experience debugging complex networks systems with different interfaces to various endpoints (local and remote)
- Experience with various cellular & Wi-Fi technology components, cloud, wireless connectivity, and over the air (OTA) updates
- Experience with IoT solutions that involve complex OTA campaigns, API/network integrations with various cell carriers/connectivity management platforms, and eSIM providers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment - proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration and manufacturing problems
- Must be willing to travel domestically to participate in diagnosis and in-vehicle testing
Annual Salary Range:
$113,000 to $141,000, plus benefits and incentive plans
Perks + Benefits
- Equity grants for every employee
- Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
- 401(k) options
- Relocation assistance + reimbursement
- Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
- Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
- “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Faraday Future is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.